All motivation just Lost :(

Options
Hi all,

I've lost all motivation I was going ok for the last 7 weeks (after me boyfriend dumped me) everyone telling me im looking great ect but the last week I just want to give up, but now I feel like crawling in a hole and eating till I blow up!

I dont know how to find my lost motivation,any clues?

Cheers,
Aimee xoxox

Replies

• bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    put a bikini on, look at yourself in the mirror and realize how much MORE your next love interest is going to admire you for staying with it....
  • GeorgiaTina
    Options
    Aimee,

Sorry to hear that :( We all go through that at some point in our lives. People sure can take you down fast can't they?

Make today day 1 and move forward....you can do it. Log your food and take a nice walk!

Take care,
    Tina
  • Aimeebird1
    Aimeebird1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys that was really nice, and your totally right i should just keep going.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    don't do it for a man, do it for yourself.
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    That's right, just ignore it and spend a day just relaxing. tomorrow's a new day you can start again. Do you have any before pictures? Take new ones and look at your progress! Look at new workouts! Try a new recipe! Look at success stories here! But yourself something fancy. Watch the show "I used to be fat".
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're just going through a "burnout," which is normal. Just don't beat yourself up too bad about it.

So you had an offweek....you have the rest of the month to go. Keep at it, the rewards will be worth it.
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    keep going love just remember you are doing it for the best future for yourself and being the best YOU you can be :)
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    the last week I just want to give up, but now I feel like crawling in a hole and eating till I blow up!

Think of it this way - will you feel better or worse when you see a gain on the scales? Will you feel better after eating loads? No and no. You definitely will feel a lot worse. So keep that in front of everything else in your head. Keep control of this and let it distract you from what's going on in your life right now

My fiance died in April and I have stayed on track, because I know that if I was to put weight back on or binge eat, then I'd feel that bit more sh1t. What's the point in making yourself feel any more sh1t than you already do?
  • sugerfree2
    sugerfree2 Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi all,

I've lost all motivation I was going ok for the last 7 weeks (after me boyfriend dumped me) everyone telling me im looking great ect but the last week I just want to give up, but now I feel like crawling in a hole and eating till I blow up!

Cheers,
    Aimee xoxox

hi aimee, bless you, i'm going through a rough time atm however, i have lost weight & yesterday i was trying size 10 clothes on & thought wow !! so keep those thoughts, i bet you are young enough to meet someone nicer. When me & hubby row i just think of how far ive come & that hes not going to make me go back to what i was & go of to the gym, or treat yourself to something whatever big or small.... to be honest i think my hubby feels a little threatened as he didnt think i'd keep at my fitness & i have .. take care & hope you feel better soon :)
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I have felt like this, I took time out and then thought...who am I doing this for....and yes, I'm doing it for me. You'll get your motivation back when you're ready...I must admit if anything, going back to eating well and exercising made me feel so much better and gave me a focus again.
  • ladyshellbelle
    ladyshellbelle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi Babe,

dont put too much pressure on your self. Book your self a pamper and go get your nails done or feet or something.. it will certainly be his loss and remember this is about you and your journey no one elses :)

Shell x
  • EmsyGoal
    EmsyGoal Posts: 11
    Options
    ONE SMALL INDULGENCE DOESN'T MEAN YOU'VE BLOWN IT OR GIVE YOU FREE LICENCE TO GO ON A FOOD FEST

SIMPLY PUT THE INDULGENCE BEHIND YOU AND MOVE ON AND AWAY FROM THE KITCHEN

IF YOU CAN IMAGINE IT,
    YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT,
    IF YOU DREAM IT,
    YOU CAN BECOME IT

Remember what you are doing this for :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOO don't give up ...pleaseeeeeeeeeee!! You've done 7 weeks, you CAN do this you just have to imagine how you will look...and you'll feel terrific as well as look terrific :)

We all have days when we feel we've blown it and ask ourselves whats the point..but just dust yourself off, get back up and on track...keep tracking your food...keep exercising...and YOU WILL SUCCEED :)

We're rooting for ya!
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Throw your energy into your workouts, during that time you won't be thinking about what's happened.

And as others have said do it for you. If your ex happens to see you, he will be sorry, when he sees the slimmer fitter, you.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    You don't have a ticker, so I don't know how much you've lost in 7 weeks, but do you really want to wreck that progress? Things happen for a reason (in my opinion); i.e., you're likely better off without this person. You need to live your life for You. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back into your journey moving forward and taking care of You. There's nothing beneficial in the alternative. Peace. :flowerforyou:
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    don't do it for a man, do it for yourself.

THIS

Do it to make yourself happy.
    Do whatever makes YOU feel good and happy and relaxed.
  • RuthieEllenSmith
    RuthieEllenSmith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hope you know that you are just grieving the loss of your relationship. Most people use foods to make them feel better especially during times like that. Just make a decision or a new goal that is exciting to you...go to the gym to get ready to meet that new guy in your life...or eating organic foods or walking a mile around a lake. DO the things that make you happy AND slimmer. Best wishes! Ruthie
  • meeky81
    meeky81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Use the extra free time that you now have, to do things for you....Exercise is great for improving your mood and has the added side benefit of getting you in shape! ;oP

Keep on keeping on Missy....what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger! x
  • Aimeebird1
    Options
    Think of it this way - will you feel better or worse when you see a gain on the scales? Will you feel better after eating loads? No and no. You definitely will feel a lot worse. So keep that in front of everything else in your head. Keep control of this and let it distract you from what's going on in your life right now

My fiance died in April and I have stayed on track, because I know that if I was to put weight back on or binge eat, then I'd feel that bit more sh1t. What's the point in making yourself feel any more sh1t than you already do?

I think you are the strongest person I've ever heard of. I am sorry for your loss and thank you for making me realise that we can be stronger than we think.

Everyone else I would also like to thank for the amazing advise. It's really got me ready to tackle some weights! oh and get my nails done :)
  • Aimeebird1
    Options
    sorry cant work out the quote thing! The inside quote is my reply.