I want to have such a nice lunch today

Options
My lunch break is in 3 and a half hours. I'm currently happily munching away on blueberries at my desk. I'm feeling quite tired today so I really want to have such a nice lunch that will give me something to look forward to and cheer me up.

Does anyone have any ideas of excellent lunches?

Replies

• DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Depends what's available to you. There's a Subway across the street from me, so I consider a turkey sub with double meat to be a lovely thing, especially since I have enough calories available to include a bag of Sun Chips with it!
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Depends what's available to you. There's a Subway across the street from me, so I consider a turkey sub with double meat to be a lovely thing, especially since I have enough calories available to include a bag of Sun Chips with it!

I do like subway but there isn't one near enough my work for me to walk to. And with the Olympics being in town I think its not a good idea for me to get on the tube and add to congestion. Thanks for the idea though :)
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    what shops do you have within walking distance to choose from??
  • kingofcrunk
    Options
    what shops do you have within walking distance to choose from??

I have loads really. I've got waitrose, tesco, itsu, costa, pret, wasabi, starbucks, crussh, m&s, and loads of smaller places.
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I really like the M&S super whole foods salad, it's got quinoa and other grains, blueberries and mango in it and I usually get their brown rice sushi to go on the side but then again you could get even better sushi from itsu :)
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    If you're buying something out, I'd choose an M&S sandwich, wrap or salad. Or get a salad bar from Waitrose and add in a pack of chicken!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Im having chicken with salad, guacamole and sweet potato :). I realise that doesnt help you, but yum!

I agree on M&S suggestion. Their food is yummy.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Or if you wanna go a bit out and not care about carbs, get a nice crusty roll filled with your favourite stuff!
  • kingofcrunk
    Options
    I really like the M&S super whole foods salad, it's got quinoa and other grains, blueberries and mango in it and I usually get their brown rice sushi to go on the side but then again you could get even better sushi from itsu :)

Thanks I'll definitely give that a go one day this week. I've gone a bit overboard on blueberries this morning and the thought of having another blueberry today is not appealing!
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Itsu Slamon and tuna tartare salad and a fruit fix frozen yoghurt, all comes to 302 cals, in fact I want that now but there's not one near my work :O(
  • smikeykt
    smikeykt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    oooh gotta be Wasabi then, I love that place.
  • kingofcrunk
    Options
    Chicken and salad is definitely something I'd love! I'll probably go for that. :)
  • kingofcrunk
    Options
    Itsu Slamon and tuna tartare salad and a fruit fix frozen yoghurt, all comes to 302 cals, in fact I want that now but there's not one near my work :O(

I've never seen the fruit fix frozen yoghurt before. We have 3 itsu's nearby - I'll have to go and look round all of them to find it!
  • kingofcrunk
    Options

I also love wasabi but my only issue with it is that I have no idea about their calories etc in the food. I know some of the stuff is on here but is that just peoples guess work? I can't find their nutrition values online?
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Tesco Sushi Fusion and a side salad - My favourate lunch mmmmmmm Now I'm hungry :laugh:
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options

elcollins24, I recommend that you do NOT eat quinoa - I can guarantee that you will not like it.

But I cannot comment on brown rice.
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options

I also love wasabi but my only issue with it is that I have no idea about their calories etc in the food. I know some of the stuff is on here but is that just peoples guess work? I can't find their nutrition values online?

And it's fatty

I love Wasabi though
  • kingofcrunk
    Options

elcollins24, I recommend that you do NOT eat quinoa - I can guarantee that you will not like it.

But I cannot comment on brown rice.

I imagine you are correct.
  • janlange
    janlange Posts: 7
    Options
    ...I tried to juice today in China....my juice turned to "slime" instantly.....ug for me, as this was my only happy meal.
    Not sure where the bacteria came from...I mixed many veggies....I'm so sad... I cleaned them so well. Now...I'm not sure how to proceed...ug ...Sick in Zhunai, China.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    ...I tried to juice today in China....my juice turned to "slime" instantly.....ug for me, as this was my only happy meal.
    Not sure where the bacteria came from...I mixed many veggies....I'm so sad... I cleaned them so well. Now...I'm not sure how to proceed...ug ...Sick in Zhunai, China.

Oh man! The small things in life that we don't always think about! :( Sorry about your slime! Hope you didn't waste too much $