advice welcome

hopefully you can help me.................i am 5' 10" and i weigh 15stone 3lbs MFP have set me a calorie goal of 1600 a day. i am able to stay within this, or over sometimes :).................but i workout 3 days a week and when i do i find it hard with the energy thing, now granted i only started the gym a week or so ago but is there anything i can do to get my energy levels right up for my gym time.

oh yeah, i am always hungry :) ??????????

cheers

Replies

• johntpatterson
    johntpatterson Posts: 7 Member
    hey man,

i know how you feel with not having a lot of energy for your workouts. always try to have a larger carb meal about an hour or two before your workout. this will give you energy for your workout and it will fuel your body while training. I always try to center my main carbohydrate meals around my workouts for this reason. another way to get an energy boost for your workouts is to brew up some coffee. the caffeine will give you energy and actually help raise your metabolic rate to aid in fat loss. good luck man!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    You can eat more on the days you workout... If u burn 400, eat 400 more. MFP includes a deficit without exercise anyway, so don't worry about eating more!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    You can eat more on the days you workout... If u burn 400, eat 400 more. MFP includes a deficit without exercise anyway, so don't worry about eating more!

This.
  • cheers fellas thanks for the advice!