Stupidest fight you've ever had with your SO

Options
alleycat88
alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
We have a tendency to make small jabs at each other. we tease because we care, which generally can lead to some stupid fights, but the stupidest one we've ever had was over profile pictureson FB. Something so trivial and meaningless, and we ended up both getting really worked up. :explode:

of course 5 minutes later we both were in the process of calling each other to say sorry. :flowerforyou:

so what's yours?

Replies

• sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    We're to females, so pretty much once a month (we are syncronized when it comes to TOM) we have some crazy, silly arguments and fights that makes no sense in hinsight.

Two girls on PMS - one which can't even have chocolate because it will be bad for me - yeah... There's drama...
  • alleycat88
    Options
    YOU OWN A PUG!

so do I.. lol..! just had to say that.

couldn't imagine being with a girl for that specific reason I can be horrible when TOM comes.. thought of two women with PMS at the same time scares me. :laugh:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It was SO dumb. I wanted him to watch this youtube video of an excursion I'd found for our cruise.
    He didn't want to watch it. Said he hated watching my youtube videos.
    I said I always watch his and claimed it was a sign he didn't care.

Chaos ensued.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Damn! Where do i begin? :smile:
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Our stupidest fight actually started out being a quite respectable one over an important matter. But we were in the car, and I was driving, and I got so angry that I pulled over so we could continue the fight. At one point, my then-fiance (now husband) got out of the car and we were fighting outside, and I screamed, "Go to hell!" and he said, "You know what? I think I will!" and started heading toward busy traffic. I asked what he was doing, and he said, "I'm going to hell!" It was completely idiotic. Of course he didn't ACTUALLY walk into traffic.

We've talked about that since then, and he said the thought crossed his mind as he walked toward traffic that this really didn't have a good ending, but he was fighting with his pride and couldn't stand to back down and let me "win." :laugh:
  • alleycat88
    Options

We've talked about that since then, and he said the thought crossed his mind as he walked toward traffic that this really didn't have a good ending, but he was fighting with his pride and couldn't stand to back down and let me "win." :laugh:

Pride usually plays a big part in most of our fights.. doesn't help that we are both stubborn a$$es either :laugh:
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My fiancé and I fell out because I said that in America you have to be 21 to drink in some states and he said you didn't :laugh: we are both British, he stormed off and left me to walk back home on my own :grumble:

All I can say is thank goodness for Google! The solver of arguments!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Celebrating 20 year anniversary on 8/15. Can honestly say we have never had a fight. Stupid or otherwise.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Bagel Bites. That is all I am saying.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Celebrating 20 year anniversary on 8/15. Can honestly say we have never had a fight. Stupid or otherwise.

That's awesome! My husband and I used to argue kind of a lot when we first got together, because we see the world in very different ways. We are quite opposite in many ways, and in the beginning we struggled with how to navigate that. We don't often argue anymore, but when we do, it's usually because we've come across something we've never had to deal with before, like new parenting situations as our kids get older.
  • alleycat88
    Options

seriously?

congrats. for real. didn't think that was possible. I mean.. not even over the last piece of pizza?
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Considering mine was Youtube, I really need to hear this.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

:laugh: I'm glad we aren't the only couple who has had a fight over a food item!

Ours was over a dairy queen cake.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Those little fights are usually so much more than they seem.

Our last big fight. Where to tell the trash service to pick up the hopper at the new house.
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i don't remember any stupid fights with my ex, but my parents got into a HUGE fight over who was going to make the gravy for dinner. i'm talking slamming doors and my dad left for the evening.
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Me and my wife were doing a shopping list and she said pea shoots, I said I didn't know if we needed them, she thought I was being negative.

Mass shouting ensued, with me going for an 20 minute walk to get out of the house, whilst she retired to the bedroom.

Bloody pea shoots.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    i don't remember any stupid fights with my ex, but my parents got into a HUGE fight over who was going to make the gravy for dinner. i'm talking slamming doors and my dad left for the evening.
    lol sounds like my family......
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Over a video game we were playing together... we didnt talk to each other for about 30 minutes then realized how stupid we were being....
  • SherriLibrarian
    Options
    There are so many. Usually it is about something involving the kids. Like my husband yelling at the kids because they were yelling. When we were first married, I once said, "I don't want to be a nag, but if I were a nag this is what I would say...." We still laugh about that.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    We fought over me taking a bite of his shrimp fried rice ONE BITE, that I always take a bite of and had ordered and paid for not to mention it wasn't his main meal it was a side I ordered for him. Lol when you step back it's pretty funny, and Next time he wants it I am totally going to give him a hard time about it haha