How to reduce muscle mass???

nikkivryan
nikkivryan Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi I m Nicole!!
I m in need of anyone's help that may be knowledgeable in this area. I played sports through college and developed some muscle that was needed for sports. However, now I would like to slim down and lose some of the upper body mass I have. I know this is an odd situation. I am still active. I skate several nights a week and I try to stick to my diet. :blushing: I take in low calories and hardly any protein. If anyone has some suggestions I would love to hear what has worked for others. I need to reduce my mass by May. (I have a wedding to attend). Thanks and good luck to you all.

Nicole

Replies

• Cardio!! Lots of it...every day!!
  • Slow long miles ... and don't eat before. Your body can store enough sugar for about an hour before it needs to make more. It will start to make more sugar substitute from your own protein after an hour or so. Training for a marathon but skiping the carbohydrates while you train (have some about 30 minutes after so you don't die though).

When your brain is telling you to slow down, your liver is working hard to make sugar for it. THat is the signal that you are breaking down your protein in your muscles.

:Caution: Your body may also loose some ability to create a defense against "bugs" because it will also "eat" the protein used to make enzymes that are in your bloodstream. Make sure you add some back 30 minutes after the long one.

Lastly: I would only do one very long day a week - Many marathoners choose Sunday and do 2 to 4 hours.

Good luck,
  • Pilates and/or yoga...makes you more long and lean.
This discussion has been closed.