newbie north east

Options
Hey, im a newbie!!

I'm 24 and from County Durham, anyone else??

Just started this yesterday, on a 1200cal diet

Finding it a bit tricky, I'm a Diabetic so I need carbs to be able to take my Insulin, but I'm finding that carbs means calories :/

Anyone have any suggestions on any low carb/cal foods I can use?

Replies

• StrivingSarah
    Options
    I don't know anything about diabetes, but I love yoghurt for just about everything :P Im finding its low calorie and pretty good moderate carbs. Just make sure you get the no sugar stuff! ^.^
  • sarah_loo87
    Options
    I love yoghurt too, but find if I eat it I have to have more haha

What sort of meals do you have? Lunch/Dinner?
  • Chellybell13
    Chellybell13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options

I'm 24 and from County Durham, anyone else??

I'm from County Durham too! Welcome to MFP! :)
  • KimberlyMurphyWhite
    Options
    Im a newbie from Albany! I noticed your post and the diet that I have used several times is Medifast and they have a special plan for diabetes. The weight seriously melted off and I felt great because it is packed with vitamins and minerals that you can notget in any other food (or so that we can't find). My Family started on it too and we have been trying to find stuff in the grocery stores to supplement some of their items and nothing compares. It is worth the money. I lost 1-2 pounds a day and felt awesome in terms of energy.
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I was reading this post and wanted to Welcome all of you to MFP//It's a Great site you will love it here.. Alot of support and motivation.. Add me if you want
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I live the county of fond du lac, you could have low calorie bread,with turkey meat on it. i eat gluten free so i eat what i can not to many low cal. things out for me,but i'm still losing all about portion control and exercise.
  • sarah_loo87
    Options
    ChellyBell where in Co Durham you from?

I forgot to mention, I'm also trying to cut out Gluten, I'm not Coeliac, but I find when I eat alot of Gluten (maybe a large bread bun) it makes me very ill
  • Chellybell13
    Chellybell13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Chester-le-street, how about you?
  • sarah_loo87
    Options
    Darlington :)