How many fruits can you eat a day??

Options

Replies

• Blaineyyy
    Blaineyyy Posts: 151
    Options
    Is this generally how many you eat or how many you should eat?

Should is around 5 day. Most days I manage about 6/7 - give or take - but it depends how much fruit we got that week. :)

Edit: Though you can eat too much fruit, which can cause dodgy digestion and also overly boost your sugar levels despite them being natural sugars. So just watch out. :wink:
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Well you can eat as much as you want depending on what you are trying to control. For sugar addicts like me, they say I am supposed to have only 2 servings of fruit in order to reduce to sugar rush we are so addicted to and eat more veggies.. Not like I heed to it though:)
    I rather eat fruits than veggies!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Not more that 2 or 3 and before 2pm. I eat a banana 1st thing in the morning when I am doing high carbs. Then it's only berry family the rest of the day. Lower sugar in the berry family. Contrary to what you may read all sugar is the same to your body...it still creates an insulin response and promotes fat storage. More high fiber veggies would be better.
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    2 or 3. 2 everyday, a banana and an apple, sometimes I'll have pineapple or berries for lunch desert. Fruits are nice :)
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Normally have blueberries with brekkie but had a banana today, also got strawberries and a clementine in my bag :D
  • lil_pixie
    lil_pixie Posts: 48
    Options
    I usually have 2./3 lots of fruit (apple, banana, grapes) and then eat veg instead to keep sugar down. Sometimes I'll put dried fruit on my cereal, but not that often as they are high in sugar
    I love carrot/celery/cucumber/bell pepper with humous for lunch.
  • ceecee7636
    ceecee7636 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Actually your 5 a day should really be only 2 fruits and the rest veg.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    3 or more. Berries and a banana in my morning smoothie, an apple at lunch, and usually 1 or two servings with dinner (usually mellon or fruit salad) depending on the day.
  • LisaWilson2012
    LisaWilson2012 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just watch the amount of sugar you are eating with fruit coupled with the other foods in your diet. Although it is natural sugar which is better than the processed stuff, your body will burn sugar before anything else as it's the easiest thing to burn. It will burn any sugar first during your exercise before anything else (carbs or fat).

Lisa x
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    IMO fruit is one of the last kinds of carbs to be worried about eating too much of.

Insulin responses are important building steps for more than just fat. It also helps shuttle protein into your muscle cells to rebuild (whether post workout or not).

To take this out of the realm of body fat % and into general health, fruits are some of the best foods you can eat.

I do agree that if one is to watch the sugar intake, berries are some of the best to eat. They are also more nutrient dense than a lot of other fruits and have more fiber.