Anybody ever get strech marks?

Options
When do they normally fade?? To silver white

Replies

• Tina0807
    Tina0807 Posts: 212
    Options
    I'd love to know that they will fade too. I have some that I'd like to see diminish.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Yes they do fade, but it can take a year or years....At least thats been my experience.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have heard of some ointments that are said to help fade them. If you got them through pregnancies then wear them as a badge of honor.:bigsmile:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    yep, I have them from losing 55 pounds...on my outer and inner thigh, sides of body ...the sucky thing about losing weight I guess lol.. ...they are white and never went away :( but I guess mederna strech mark cream is supposes to be really good
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If they are bright purple you should talk to your doc.
  • HannahsReturnToFitness
    Options
    They do fade. Post pregnancy mine were bad and were a dark pink/red kind of colour. They had faded well four months after - enough to wear a bikini on holiday!. 14 months later they have completely faded to silvery white and have been like this for at least six months.

I had some on my legs previously and they also faded with time.

They do go, I promise!
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think any moisturizer will have about the same effect. Whether it's the moisturizer, or the massaging action of applying it frequently, I don't think anyone knows.

If you've got a lot of stretch marks, get three or four different creams and use each one on a specific area. If you can tell one area is much more faded than the others, report back here, and then use that cream on them all! :-)
  • MissKTMc
    MissKTMc Posts: 49
    Options
    I have them from growth spurts in my late teens. Unsightly vertical lines! BioOil is quite good or just regular Grapeseed oil. It's the vitamin E in these ointments that help rejuvenate the skin and fade the stretch marks so look out for vitamin E in the ingredients in ointments.
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Actually most of the time, it depends on your genetics. Some people have a tendency of having scars from small cuts, stretch marks irrespective of how much Vitamin E oil, Bio Oil you use. You can try to lighten it by using hydroquinone that you get at a dermatologist but it is not recommended for extended use since its a steroid and it thins out your skin.
    Personally for me, my stretch marks haven't faded at all in the last 5-6 years irrespective of what I do. Most of the time,you get stretch marks when your skin is stretched out and then you loose weight .
  • MissKTMc
    MissKTMc Posts: 49
    Options
    Actually most of the time, it depends on your genetics. Some people have a tendency of having scars from small cuts, stretch marks irrespective of how much Vitamin E oil, Bio Oil you use. You can try to lighten it by using hydroquinone that you get at a dermatologist but it is not recommended for extended use since its a steroid and it thins out your skin.
    Personally for me, my stretch marks haven't faded at all in the last 5-6 years irrespective of what I do. Most of the time,you get stretch marks when your skin is stretched out and then you loose weight .

I am one of those people that scars easily, on top of which I suffer from keloid scarring making them angry looking and raised! I have found grapeseed oil coupled with exfoliation/microdermabrasion/bicarbonate soda treatments has faded my stretchmarks. Not so great on the surgical scars on my back though but I guess that's cos they are obviously so much deeper whereas stretchmarks are superficial.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Yeah I notice it too after I lost these 22 kilos