I am now a Triathlete!!!

Options

Replies

• smalltowngirl504
    Options
    You are so amazing!!! :):) Way to go!! I am very proud of you!!!
  • ZambiNan
    ZambiNan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yup. You're amazing.
  • greenbaymichk
    greenbaymichk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You have unleashed a hidden warrior! GREAT JOB!!!!!
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! You're awesome! :happy:
  • LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    OK, you're my hero!! That is so amazing! WTG!!!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome wtg
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    WOW that is so great!! I wish I had changed my lifestyle when I was a young Mum. I worked fulltime, in a sedentary job, came home, cooked dinner, sat around. Weekends were just housework and sitting as well. :(
    At the beginning of this year I walked around the block- just made it- could not make the bed without getting breathless. Now I walk for 60 to 120 minutes a day, every day and I love doing it. :)
    Like you said, it is not a chore- it is enjoying LIFE and in the meantime you are adding years to your life by being active and healthy.
    Congratulations on doing Triathlon! and you are setting a wonderful example for your children. Sandy. :)
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Huge Congrats! I hope to be saying the same thing this year also.
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! That is awesome!!
  • jallison12
    jallison12 Posts: 83
    Options
    ^5
    Wish I could swim better :o(
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Wow! !! Is really all I have got. Congratulations! !!!!!!
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That is just awesome to me. Yes, it sounds like you are really enjoying life to me also.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone! It is most certainly an experience I will never forget, as well as one I hope to repeat again and again! It's also exciting to be an inspiration to others. Not only to my online buddies, but to my family and friends. I love encouraging and helping others to be active and healthy :)

Daisy ~ Not sure when my next Tri is, but I already have 2 half marathons this fall, a 5 miler, a 10k, and a 5k ;-P

CJ~ Work towards a goal that isn't losing weight, work towards a certain mileage, or sign up for a race...I warn you though, it's quite addicting!

Fitmommy ~ you will!!

Sandy ~ Don't dwell on what you could have done, focus on what you're doing now, and you are amazing!!

Allison ~ That's the thing, I suck at swimming too ;-P You'd be surprised by how many triathletes will say the same thing, swimming is the hardest and slowest even for most. I will work on it before my next one!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I wanna be like you! In the back of my mind, I keep thinking, "It's not too late for me to do a triathlon." I have to conquer the swimming.
  • katapple
    Options
    Awesome!!! I wanna be like you! In the back of my mind, I keep thinking, "It's not too late for me to do a triathlon." I have to conquer the swimming.

nope, it's never too late! So go get at it ;)
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You ARE my hero! Congratulations! :drinker: Cheers to you!
  • katapple
    Options
    You ARE my hero! Congratulations! :drinker: Cheers to you!

thanks!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    You're amazing, congrats! You're an inspiration!

I'm still on the quitting process & I hope that with a new & refreshed lungs, someday I can run. I can swim & bike but not good in running.
  • alinakaras
    alinakaras Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration, well done!!!
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    AMAZINGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

My goal is to do a sprint triathlon one day too. You are such an inspiration!! :) Great job! I hope you are super proud of all you have accomplished!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!