Jillian Michael's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism

Options
I actually just bought this! I'm waiting for it to come in the mail, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on what to expect?! Or, if you have done it, did you like the results that you got? I'm hoping to do this, and then move on to her 30 Day Shred! I've read great things all about her DVDs. It's just nice to see real people's opinions and real results!

Replies

• KWKY
    KWKY Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's quite cardio based, lots of boxing type moves, jumping etc. I found it more intensive than the 30DS (and burnt a lot more calories because my HR was so high).

A lot of fun though!!
  • Sassy9411
    Sassy9411 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yeah! The 30DS seemed to do a lot more toning, and first I want to lose the weight and then tone. Did you see results?
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    I did this at the same time as 30 ds. For me this dvd was a killer. It is about 40 mins with cool down. The first time I had to stop it and breathe a minute. I was like 165 then if that matters at all. There is quite a bit of jumping in this one. That being said I love jm and have lost 25 lb doing her dvds, so they work. I dont know if you are in good shape now but if not do not be afraid to take a minute if you need to. It is warm up then 4 circuits done twice each. Includes some kickboxing moves, cardio intervals of ab twistbutt kicks jumping jacks etc, and strength training.
  • Sassy9411
    Sassy9411 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh! Yeah, I'm not in shape I'm buying this hoping I get to be! :)
    Thank you for the answers!
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I do not like this one, simply because it is soooooo cardio based. I have several of her tapes and this is the hardest one IMO. If you can handle the hard core cardio then you will most likely love it! She is def a beast!
  • KWKY
    KWKY Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love it but it is very hard on the knees (currently have a knee problem). You'd love it if you love boxing type moves which I do. Burning about 340 cals per workout it means I can really pig out aftwards hahahaha (once I recover my breath)
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I just got this too but I might do Killer Buns and Thighs first... I am finishing 30 Day Shred in a couple of days. It was my very first foray into exercise, it's not easy but your endurance improves quickly if you stick with it and that's exciting! It's tough on your knees IF you're doing it on a hard floor or in bad footwear. I lost 9 inches by the halfway point - 3 of those from my tummy!
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I first did this when i was doing 30 day shred, only in the first week. I thought i was going to die! Id only just started exercising.

I finished 30 day shred, did a week or two of ripped in 30 but didn't get on with it so started to do BFBM every day, I did it sooooo much better and wasn't feeling like i was dying half way through.

From my experience, if your not fit do it the other way round, 30DS will slowly bring you into it.

Its great fun, i really like it. Lots of kick boxing moves. I decided to give it up and do insanity instead lol I was burning just over 500 cals doing it and i was having to modify as i live in a flat!
  • mariabadra
    Options
    i'm doing it everyday and hope see results in 30 day if any one does seen it please motivate me per send me a mesage :)
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    LOVE this workout! Jillian at her best. It's great plyometrics which are great for the legs, and the calorie burn is nice. I bought this one a few years ago, and I still keep it in my rotation. I would LOVE to find a similar workout.
  • sl0wandsteady
    sl0wandsteady Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    INSANITY of course ;)
  • clarebailey355
    clarebailey355 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I find it pretty tough - I certianly couldn't do it every day for an extended period as it's quite high impact (for me, anway). I was alternating it with her No More Trouble Zones workout for a while so I got some strength training it as well.