Hair is growing back!!!

Options
Since I have been working out and reducing my stress levels and also drinking protein shakes with alot of vitamins and minerals I noticed the other day when I pulled back my wet hair i have new hairs standing straight up where i was losing it before. I also have been using aloe hair supplies which have made a difference in my hair, big difference!! Just wanted to let those of you with the same problem that its not impossible to regrow your hair :)

Replies

• oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    that's great! i was thankful when mine stopped falling out, but growing it back? BONUS!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    That is great news!!! So glad you are feeling better and that you have reduced your stress :smile:
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    My hair has started falling out. It is actually scaring me. I had my thyroid checked and it is normal. I am getting a receding hairline. It did the same thing a couple months after giving birth to each of my three kids. So, I am leaning towards it being hormonal but, I don't understand why. Any advice would be appreciated. I am really scared it is not going to stop.
    I am only 37 btw.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hair is made of keratin - a form of protein. Be sure you have not messed with your settings on MFP and are getting enough protein. Don't overload on protein either, it's fine to overflow the protein cup, but not to come in under day after day after day, if you want to have good hair.

Our hair gets thinner as we age, At 52 I do not have a great hairline. I hope it will get better because my nutrition is now much bettter than it was, but age is against me. At least the rest of me can look better so people won't notice my hair as much.
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is great!
  • evademers
    evademers Posts: 55
    Options
    I thought I was destined to be almost bald on top as well for the rest of my life. I wore hats alot to hide it. I drink Herbalife shakes which have so many vitamins and minerals i read that helps hair loss. I have been working out daily, i take a day off here and there but the advantage of that for your hair is your pushing your blood supply all over your body including your scalp which helps stop hair from falling out. Your scalp needs blood flow too and working out does the trick too! I also use Aloe based shampoo which if you do some research on will tell you how good it is for your scalp and replenishes it and helps regrow hair over time. Try all these things and see if it helps! It took 2 months before I saw the regrowth but only a week to show a difference in the health of my hair using Aloe! Hope this helps xx
    Eva
  • fatima147
    fatima147 Posts: 85
    Options
    Since I have been working out and reducing my stress levels and also drinking protein shakes with alot of vitamins and minerals I noticed the other day when I pulled back my wet hair i have new hairs standing straight up where i was losing it before. I also have been using aloe hair supplies which have made a difference in my hair, big difference!! Just wanted to let those of you with the same problem that its not impossible to regrow your hair :)

thx alot. i have same problem. my doc says i take alot of stress andi have least protein intake everyday! :sad:
  • cnphel0
    cnphel0 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My hair has started falling out. It is actually scaring me. I had my thyroid checked and it is normal. I am getting a receding hairline. It did the same thing a couple months after giving birth to each of my three kids. So, I am leaning towards it being hormonal but, I don't understand why. Any advice would be appreciated. I am really scared it is not going to stop.
    I am only 37 btw.
    I'm the same age and I noticed that mine had started falling out pretty heavily. I talked with my mom who is a nutritionist and she mentioned that if my iron was low hair loss can occur. I started taking an iron supplement and noticed in a couple of weeks that my hair doesn't fall out nearly as much. I don't know if you take supplements but you might want to give it a try.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. My hair just started falling out the last couple months. I have been eating healthy and taking vitamins since March so I was really surprised when it started. I have been using a natural shampoo made with coconut milk to see if that will help. I don't have a lot of stress so I dont think that is part of the problem. I have been trying to eat more protein but then I started having a really weird amonia smell in my nose after I worked out. Some people on here told me that could be from eating too much protein even though I was always in my protein range of 30%. So, now I am trying to eat a snack with carbs before I work out and that seems to help with the amonia smell. But, the hair is frightening. I know it is vain, but the thought of losing my hair really does strike fear in y heart.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!