Green monster!

Options
I found a recipe called the green monster smoothie, I have found many different recipes for this though. So last night I decided to experiment and I created my own green monster but I think I'm just going to call it the chocolate furry because it's brown!

These are the ingredients I used:
Stevia Extract In the Raw 100% Natural - Zero Calorie Sweetner, 2 packet
Crystal Farms - All Whites 100% Liquid Egg Whites, 8 Tbsp
Kale - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
Wonder Slim - Wondercocoa - Cocoa Powder, 1 Tbsp.
Earthbound Farms - Organic Baby Spinach Leaves, 1 g (2 cups)
Blueberries - Raw, 0.5 cup
Nutiva Organic - Chia Seeds, 12 g 1 Tbsp.
3 oz. water

With the chia seeds I soaked in the water for 10 minutes before I made the smoothie

I'm on a really low carb/fat diet so I couldn't add bananas and strawberries or yogurt and coconut milk.

I blended together using my magic bullet and Wala! It's not loaded with sugars and yogurt and goodness but it does taste like dark chocolate with a hint of spinach. The nutrition value goes as follows: 230 calories total 28 from carbs 3 from fat 20 from protein and 10 grams of fiber!

Try it you may like it, if you do try let me know if you were able to handle this energy packed drink.

Any suggestions on what i could add to make it better?

Replies

• ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I like a little bit of lemon peel (a LITTLE bit, just a sliver) in my green smoothie.
    Sometimes I put in fresh mint leaves.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I love blending blueberries and strawberries with cocoa powder in my green smoothies! Thanks for sharing your version.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I like a little bit of lemon peel (a LITTLE bit, just a sliver) in my green smoothie.
    Sometimes I put in fresh mint leaves.

Yum, that sounds good.

I make them a lot. I like spinach better than kale.

I don't think plain yogurt or berries are high carb at all, but I don't know your plan.
  • makenziewhicker
    makenziewhicker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge fan of kale unless I make kale chips! It has a lot of nutritional value though and I figure if I can't taste it, I might as well add it!
  • makenziewhicker
    makenziewhicker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love blending blueberries and strawberries with cocoa powder in my green smoothies! Thanks for sharing your version.

I may have to try adding strawberries, that may be the game changer!!
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge fan of kale unless I make kale chips! It has a lot of nutritional value though and I figure if I can't taste it, I might as well add it!
    Yeah I only like kale in smoothies too! I also put in chard sometimes (b/c I also can only tolerate the taste when mixed into a smoothie).
  • msps1973
    msps1973 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    www.greenmonstermovement.com

I have a monster every morning (vegan).....1 c almond milk, 1 banana, 1 scoop Vega Sport Protein Powder, 3 very large handfulls of spinach (or kale), 1-2 tbsp chia seeds, blend, blend, blend!!! Sometimes I will add mint extract for a shamrock shake like taste or coconut extract.

I am addicted!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I like strawberries in my smoothies way more than blueberries. The blueberries have just never tasted right to me, no matter what I do, even when they are mixed with other fruits. I do love frozen cherry smoothies, but cherries probably wouldn't work right now with your low carb. Is there already peanut butter? You could get PB2 for a protein boost with minimal calorie add.