Water gain by eating veggies?

Options
I ate alot of veggies last night and the scale this morning is up by 2 pounds. There is just NO way that I ate that many calories (3600 per pound) last night... Could this be water gain? So unmotivating though!

And by veggies I mean 1 tbs of light dressing (35 cals) and greens just as green pepper, lettus, tomatoes, etc

:(

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I'm sure, depending on the veggies eaten, that there could be some water weight. I will tell you that for the last week I have been adding 1 tbsp. of lemon to every glass of water I drink and I have not had any problems with retaining water. I did it for taste and then after reading, learned of all the other benefits to adding it to your water. I'm sure the weight will be gone in the next day!
  • dyburke
    dyburke Posts: 7
    Options
    In short, don't sweat it. You will ALWAYS vary in weight by a few pounds and there is nothing you should be doing to try and prevent it. If you'd like more consistent measurements, weigh yourself in the morning before ingesting ANYTHING. It helps to make a bowel movement to limit how much waste weight is weighed from the previous day. Also pay attention to clothes. Measure yourself in the nude for best results.

But the actual numbers don't matter that much, just make sure the trend is there and that you're losing weight.

Best of luck,
    Dylan
  • anahita84
    anahita84 Posts: 44
    Options
    Thanks - I actually did weight my self in the morning and that is why it was SO disapointing :(