Mom of 5, would love some weight loss pals!

Options
Recently found my long lost love, and life is great, but I am lonely out here in the country, in a town I haven't lived in in more than 20 years. With the consequences of 5 kids lounging around on this body, and me sitting at home all day I have skyrocketed in weight. Have no size similar friends to gain/grant encouragement from so reply...I am a great motivator though I may need some too!

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am not sure where you live, however I have moved around quite a bit. It is hard to get out and meet new people when you are not sure how to meet up with them. Many small towns, everyone goes elsewhere to shop, work or whatever.

You can do this though:flowerforyou:
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP!

MFP is a really great resource to keep you focused and connect you with a wealth of fitness resources and like minded folks.

1. Log your foods every day - don't skip days, or parts of your day. log everything!
    2. Analyze each day - see where it went good and where it went bad - too much fat? maybe too many carbs? over the calorie limit? Identify and plan how to correct it for tomorrow.
    3. Reach out to the community with questions or advice needs.
    4. Build a network of friends here!
    5. Above all, do not believe everything you read here. There is a lot of great advice, but also some misleading and hype type advice. Part of getting fit is educating yourself in aspects of health and fitness. Make sure any questionable advice is looked at with a scientific eye and look for facts, evidence, and most importantly real world proof.
    6. You are more than a number. Sometimes the scale may not say what you hoped - thats fine. weight loss is not a straight line declination. Its a bumpy line that drops over time. Don't let single day numbers get your focus away from term based results.
    7. Vary your exercises. Your body forms memories and can slow down how it burns fat and builds muscles. Keep it confused! Hit it hard with cardio styles. Build lean muscle to burn even more fat.
    8. and above all - take your photo now! You will want to look back and have a starting BEFORE picture to proudly display along with your series of PRESENT or CURRENT photos during your transformation and continued lifestyle of fitness.

I welcome you, and anyone else out there to add me as a friend. I have made fitness and health my passion and love the idea of folks joining me in my new lifestyle of being fit, healthy, and most importantly - HAPPY!.

I'm here to support and motivate!!! I find my own success comes easier when I help and fuel other folks success.

and remember - most folks care more about the quality of fuel they put in their lawn mowers than the fuel they put in their bodies. Don't be one of those people. Whole foods. Natural foods. Intelligent choices.

Fit for life,
    Mark M. Reed
    aka Marc Mayhem - Fitness Blogger, and Motivator!

Add me as a friend and take part in my daily fitness discussions, tips, and commentary on MyFitnessPal!

• bronnibee
    bronnibee Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi. I know what it's' like to move around a lot. It's hard finding new friends and leaving old ones. Add me as a friend if you like daily user.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Welcome! You'll find lots of friends here to motivate and encourage you! xxx
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Hi I too have 5 kids add me if you wish:laugh:
  • 21June
    21June Posts: 99
    Options
    I'll be your friend. In fact, it was only yesterday that I really discovered the true amount of support you can get from genuine people on here which is great, :smile: . Good luck! X
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You can add me anytime!! Im a mum of 1 :-) I also think its very important to get encouragement wherever possible, and im on here everyday now. I know what its like not to have many friends about (people seem to drift off abit when you have children for ome reason!!) so its nice to have exra support on here xx
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like. I am mother to 19 year old twins. I have several pictures where i am actually hiding behind my kids because I am so ashamed of how big I had gotten. I am on the road to good health now but i can certainly understand where you are. Hang in there. You will find all the support you need here. Everyone I have "met", if you will, has been wonderful!
  • quietattheback
    quietattheback Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, i've just started and would love some freinds on here feel free to add me :smile:
  • dolly3186
    dolly3186 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm a 26 year old mom of 2 kids under 2 years old, so the more friends on here the merrier! :)
  • gemgirlred
    gemgirlred Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can add me I am the mom of 5 kids and 2 step kids. I just started yesterday and could use more friends
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i know sort of what you mean... i only have 3 kids but i'm a stay at home army wife! so my lifestyle changes every 3-4 years! every time i get use to one routine it's time to change again! but i'm a pretty good motivator (so ive been told) :)
  • cvance3
    cvance3 Posts: 64
    Options
    WELCOME! That's awesome that you're here.

I'm not a mom, but I'm a soon-to-be-wife, so I've got that wedding dress to rock! I'm not quite where I want to be, but it's about the journey, lessons learned, and friends made along the way. (OH, and I'm also training for a marathon)

I'm all for more MFP buddies! Anyone (and everyone!) can add me! I enjoy seeing accomplishments and try to commend or motivate everyone each day.
  • pinkdaisy9182
    pinkdaisy9182 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm fairly new here too! :happy:
  • ChristinaLB
    ChristinaLB Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of three and love to encourage. I have been doing this since January and have had good success although the summer and staying at home has totally stalled me but I will continue and can support you with encouragement :) Anyone can add me.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You can add me anytime. I need to lose 50 more pounds. Good luck on your journey.
  • llpleslie
    llpleslie Posts: 53
    Options
    You can add me to the list