What's YOUR weight loss plan?

Options
13»

Replies

• skittles8810
    Options
    I workout 2-3 times a day. I try to get in 1800 cals in a day if not more. I do Insanity and P90X along with cycling no less than 10miles in a day. Most weeks I cycle 80+miles. I just stay really active and eat whole clean non processed foods!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Keep the net carbs below 50 (was 30 in the attack phase), avoid the processed stuff, avoid sugar, avoid grains, don't snack,eat filling food so that you don't snack, don't eat after 6pm, do some low level cardio often (walking), do some push ups when you feel like it, try to sprint somewhere very occasionally, get enough fibre to be regular ;), take some Omega 3 supplements, relax, don't sweat the number on the scales 'cos it's about body composition not total weight.
  • rhondagraymond
    Options
    I’ve been on the Dukan diet’s weight loss plan [ http://www.dukandiet.com/The-Dukan-Diet ] for about 9 weeks now and I’ve lost 16 pounds. It’s been great because it’s really just so easy! I walk my dog (believe me, that’s exercise enough) twice a day. We’re talking long walks here, people. I enjoy it tremendously because it doesn’t really feel like a workout and well, the diet is probably the most manageable diet I’ve ever been on, so it’s all good!
  • maureenec
    maureenec Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    For the last year and a half, I've upped my exercise without changing my eating habits at all, and I dropped 15 pounds. I was 160 and am now 143. I want to get to 135 and also clean up my eating, so I started food tracking with MFP and I have spent more time thinking about the food I'm eating. I've never been one to binge or eat a lot of crap, but I've also never said no to a cookie on the lunch table at work and I feel like I'm depriving myself if I don't get a dessert every day!

So now, I'm eating around 1500 calories a day, vigorously exercising (Jillian Michaels or a 3 mile run) 6 days a week, and I give myself one day a week to not worry about food. Funny that on that day, the food I think I want to eat doesn't appeal as much to me. We'll see what happens. I'm hoping this is a good plan. If not, I'm in the best shape of my life and who cares about a little extra belly fat, right?
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Food wise, I eat when I'm hungry, try to keep my diet in balance, and eat about 1800-2100 calories per day. No foods are off limits except foods I don't like. I eat what I want and don't obsess about the nutritional makeup of every bite. There's no need to stress over food.

Exercise wise, I'm currently doing Supreme 90, which is 3 days weight training/3 days cardio. I know from experience that my body responds to a balanced cardio/weights/calisthenics routine. I just have to stick with it.

Mainly, I'm not overthinking things. When I first joined this site, the information overload had me trying everything. Over the past year, when I thought I was doing something right, I'd read something to make me doubt myself and either tweaked or changed. I was so stressed out. And then it dawned on me that when I got to my ideal body 3 years ago, all I did was eat sensibly and stay consistent with exercise. I didn't know or care about macros, clean eating, weight training vs. cardio, deficits, carbs are the devil, etc. and I did just fine, so I decided to go back to what worked in the past and it's working.