Low CAL FOODS that fill you up

Options
Are there any foods that are low in calories that you can eat a lot of? I ate fish yesterday and was surprised how much I got to eat for the calories. I got full. Just wondering if there were more foods that do this.

Replies

• cc_campbell81
    Options
    some fruits like strawberries
    vegetables- try the steamed vegetables by green giant, found in the frozen aisle.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    I get the ground chicken BREAST. It's only like 100 calories/serving. I make this into chicken patties, fry them up, then put them in the freezer. Defrost in the microwave in a matter of seconds. This really fills me up.

Actually, I've found that most foods that are high in protein seem to fill me up. Like egg whites.

Here's a recipe that I got from a friend who got it at Weight Watchers. Some will like it, some won't. Anyway, what I do is take a box of the low-fat brownie mix, to that add 3 cups of wheat bran, an egg, and 1-1/2 cups water. I then bake the muffins at 350 for 30 min. I can usually get 12 good sized muffins out of this. I ran this through my MasterCook program and it came back with each muffin having something like 60 calories.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I second the chicken. i would also like to add Dill Pickles. I know the sodium nazi's won't like it. But when I have the urge to graze I slam a couple dill pickles.. that adds up to all of 10 kcal.
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    POPCORN!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Like chicken, turkey is a good way to fill you up. I like to make a turkey breast sandwich with whole wheat bread and put some mustard on it (I usually skip the cheese) and it's under 200 calories! Even with a slice of cheese it's around 240-250.

I also like the Green Giant steamers (mentioned by someone else..) you can get the individual servings of broccoli and cheese (my fav.) and its only 45 calories!

Another go to snack that's pretty low cal, at least for how filling it is, is a boiled egg (about 75 cal.) I eat them all the time.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    To chime in on the fish, I agree.

I ate a whole can of tuna with one tablespoon of light mayo and seasoned the crap out of it...garlic, soy...hot sauce...you name it!

33g protein...1 carb...210 cals

VERY filling lunch and barely any sugar.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    duplicate post!
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I find quinoa really fills me up. It's higher in calories than something like regular brown rice- but it's also more filling in my opinion. A half cup cooked with a chicken breast and some veggies and I'm STUFFED.
  • angelnik03
    Options
    I second the chicken. i would also like to add Dill Pickles. I know the sodium nazi's won't like it. But when I have the urge to graze I slam a couple dill pickles.. that adds up to all of 10 kcal.

I totally agree... I do the same thing. But I also happen to love sodium *runs to hide*