Anyone Following the Paleo plan?

Options
Four days ago I made the commitment to follow Paleo for at least 30 days. I have lost 3 lbs so far and was just wondering if ayone else is on this plan.

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I avoid processed food, sugar, legumes, grains (whole or not) and read Mark's Daily Apple ... close enough? ;)

I also sneak the occasional bit of ice cream and love cheese though.

I guess I am more of a 'framework' guy than a strict diet person.

80/20 rule and all that ...
  • skinnyone2012
    skinnyone2012 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eatting this way? And what changes did you feel?
  • Ccd1977
    Ccd1977 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Marks Daily apple is legit. I have been on Paleo for 31 days. I feel great, my skin has cleared up, my blood pressure down to 121/79 from 151/101 and lost 27 lbs. Energy is through the roof and I sleep like a baby now. My emotions are more stable as well.

Its really good. Read up on it and enjoy the benefits of how you were made to eat and perform. Then get into crossfit and get in crazy good shape.

I do the high fat paleo regimen. I do all organic, free range when possible. The way of life on paleo is awesome. It IS NOT ATKINS.

Check these sites out. They are really good.

Robb Wolf is like the leading authority on this right now.

http://robbwolf.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet/

Good introductory to Paleo

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/04/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/?utm_expid=12196761-1&utm_referrer=http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=paleo%20diet&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CG0QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nerdfitness.com%2Fblog%2F2010%2F10%2F04%2Fthe-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet%2F&ei=_dwXUK2xCIne9ASKxYDQCg&usg=AFQjCNHh_zKv0YxTscQr7pZZRZA8F0jhkg

I hope this helps.
  • skinnyone2012
    skinnyone2012 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I already am following all those sites. I have the books and have read them. I was just hunting for some "real" people to talk to that were doing it heheheh. To me it makes so much sense that we all started going downhill when the whole agriculture thing started...along with frozen juices, ect.
  • cddonald22
    cddonald22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Marks Daily apple is legit. I have been on Paleo for 31 days. I feel great, my skin has cleared up, my blood pressure down to 121/79 from 151/101 and lost 27 lbs. Energy is through the roof and I sleep like a baby now. My emotions are more stable as well.

I can echo this^^. My bp is down to like 107/60 from 160/90 and my emotions/ADHD is more stable.

I'm not really following the Paleo per se because I do like to have cheese,fresh beans and peas and fruit, but for the last two months, I've cut out all processed sugars, flours and foods. I guess you'd call mine a whole foods, right?

I have battled reflux for a couple of years now. Eating reflux meds everyday--until two months ago. I haven't had to take meds or had reflux troubles in two months of cutting out the processed stuff.

I tried recently to let myself have some back in moderation, no way. I had the most horrid bout of reflux. Its not worth it. If I don't lose a pound eating this way and the only thing I get out of it is no reflux, that's just fine with me!

I also noticed that having the sugar and breads made it almost impossible to concentrate--exaserbated my ADHD.

Good Luck!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eatting this way? And what changes did you feel?

I started MFP 6 months ago on the low fat thing and moved to a more Paleo thing 3 months after that.

Changes? Happier, better energy, less body fat (by observation), it just makes more sense to me. I no longer kill myself with chronic cardio, do more but with less time and better intensity.

Ignore the childish and shallow 'Yeh but cavemen only lived to 35' arguments and grok on :)