Anybody need to lose over 100 lbs?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• LC7387
    LC7387 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone, I need to lose over 100 lbs and I have tried every diet that comes out it seems. I have lost as much as 70 lbs before but then I got comfortable and I gained it all back. I am on a mission this time to make it a life style change and not just a diet. I need buddies who will motivate and encourage me to stay focused as I do the same for you. I will be 49 this Nov and would love to have lost 100 lbs by my 50th birthday. Send me a friend request if you would like a determined motivator to keep you encouraged and help you meet your goal!
  • allenaceattorney
    Options
    Hi, I've been fat all my life. A couple months ago I went to the emergency room with chest pains. Turned out to just be bad heartburn (I have acid reflux), but I was still scared - my dad and grandfather both died of heart attacks. The scale at the hospital registered 372 pounds or so. Granted I was wearing clothes and shoes and had my phone, wallet and keys in my pockets, but even when I got home and was able to properly weigh myself, I was around 365.

My fiancee (she's on this site, she's smittenkitten4) dragged me kicking and screaming onto the South Beach diet, and I've since lost 24 pounds. Now she's dragged me kicking and screaming onto this site.

I need to lose about 150 pounds.
  • brittanypeters1990
    brittanypeters1990 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am glad you notice that it has to be a lifestyle change. Many people (myself included) go on these pointless fad diets lose weight stop doing it and then gain it back plus more. I know now the time i wasted on these diets I could have really been making a healthy change. I have had to train my taste buds to like the good stuff and not like the bad stuff. Of course there will be times that you have that craving, but I think you can have one cheat day (as long as it's not over abundance). It takes years to put on the weight, it takes time to get it off as well. :) Keep up the good work.
  • alucido
    alucido Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose 100 + lbs. I've been working on this for 7 months and have lost 67 lbs so far. But I still have 100+ that i want to lose. Daunting. But together we can do it! I'm also starting this weight loss challenge on here if anyone wants to join. Here are the details (i just copied and pasted from the forum):

Hi Everyone I posted something on the other page about this challenge. I saw this on another message board and thought it would be a great challenge for our little group and help us reach our 100lb goal!

I already keep a spreadsheet for my coworkers and I because we are doing a biggest loser challenge so that part is simple.

Here is how it works:
    1. We weigh in on Mondays- and I'll update the spreadsheet.
    2. The biggest loser that week sets a challenge for all members to complete during the week
    3. In addition to their challenge I'll post another challenge that needs to be done that week. (I'm not a personal trainer or anything so please don't get to upset if you don't like my challenges..I go to a military gym and my trainer is ex special forces so he has kicked my but into shape. So I will try to incorporate some of his challenges that he gives me.)

(thank you to the person who created the other post for this idea)

I want to start this challenge August 6th. So I will need to invite people before then. So Please post if you want to join by August 5th so that I can create a spreadsheet so that I can enter weights, ect.

Let’s reach our goals together!

The group name is 100+ lbs to lose 10 week Challenge, reply to that post if you want to join :)
  • shannon0876
    Options
    I need to lose about 130 pounds! Anyone want to have weekly weigh ins and support group for those of us that are in this group? I know I could really use the support!
  • mrsowenz
    mrsowenz Posts: 1
    Options
    MEMEMMEMEMEMMEEM I need to! and I need help!

T
  • januarythoughts
    januarythoughts Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Newbie to this site....

I'm looking to lose over 100lbs as well. The journey has not been an easy one but I strive for improvement everyday. I've had to revamp my diet and make time to exercise for my health. I live in a city where I don't know too many people so I appreciate any motivation or tips from this website. We all have a common goal, so let's motivate each other to reach those goals. :smile:
  • mawright1231
    Options
    I am in the same boat as everyone here. Please add me. I would love to make some friends and have some extra support!
  • soul_sista88
    soul_sista88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well I have to lose 224 lbs and I am always looking for more friends.
  • KayeG79
    KayeG79 Posts: 37
    Options
    Me, I am! Ideally I'd like to lose 100lbs. I've lost 49 so far.
  • tmcnee32
    tmcnee32 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am looking to lose at least 100 pounds, if not more. I am new to the site and would love to meet new people. I would love to discuss and share ideas, hints, motivation. Feel free to add me!!! Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey! :smile:
  • wvcsc
    wvcsc Posts: 1
    Options
    I started using My Fitness Pal on July 17 2012 and I am loving it..makes me aware of what I am eating...My goal is to lose 100..I would love to have friends for support...
  • shellybsn
    shellybsn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm Shelly and I am a big girl too! Just had my 3rd child and I'm back on MFP (decided to take a break during my pregnancy). Got a little more baby weight to lose, and then back to my under 200lbs goal. Feel free to friend me...we can support each other!
  • tribby
    tribby Posts: 14
    Options
    My long term goal is around 100lbs. But I'm trying to break that down into smaller, more manageable goals. Feel free to add me. I could use lots of support too =)
  • sefrank
    sefrank Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Glad to see the amount of support I can find here on MFP. Have been using MFP on my phone regularly since April 30, 2012 and have lost 49lbs have about 95-100 left to go. Didn't look at the message boards until recently. I haven't really been breaking my weight loss into mini-goals but decided to make a mini-goal for 12/31/12 (maybe a little sooner since I wanna buy a new dress/outfit for new years eve) my goal is to be under 199lbs, which will be the first time in about 5 years since I've been under 200. Anything below 199 will be a bonus on my weight loss/body transformation journey. Good luck to everyone on their journey & thanks in advance for all the support. message me or add me if anyone would like for mutual support