question for 30 day shredders?

Options
from experience, should you just keep doing the workouts even if you're really sore?
im a little sore on a bunch of parts on my body, but my arms are killing me!
should i just suck it up, and do it again today? or should i take a rest day?
i dont wanna get injured.

Replies

• Curvy_princess
    Curvy_princess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    BUMP..
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'd start it and see how you feel when you're doing it. If it hurts more, then stop and rest till the next day, otherwise, carry on.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    As long as its not your joints that are hurting (from the impact) try using a hot pack to warm the worst of the areas up, do a long warm up first (hers are too short) and go nuts! I could barely walk waking up on the 3rd day but stuck with it, it was worth it, by the end of level 1 it seemed like a breeze. If you do take a day to recuperate, make sure not to count it as one of your 30, and beware after even one day off it can feel like starting all over.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    from experience, should you just keep doing the workouts even if you're really sore?

I still work out...it is just your muscles that havent been used like that before. Stretch well and if you want you can forego the weights.
    I am strange though...I LOVE that pain :) it lets me know I did something right when my muscles are a little sore.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    To an extent yes, but not really. How's THAT for confusing? I guess what I mean is that, for me anyway, I push through if it's just muscle soreness... But if it were a sharper pain like I was straining something, I would NOT continue. Does that make sense? Because yes, when I did the Shred, I had some VERY sore days. Working out helped relieve some of the soreness, by the way. I did the workouts 5 days per week, myself. Usually days 2 & 3 of each level were the most sore. After that I was sometimes still sore for another day or two, but it was much LESS sore. HTH
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    It depends on how sore. If you can't move, take a rest day or do something more gentle (take a walk, go for a swim). If it's minor, you might start to feel better as you move.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I still do. Take a day or two off a week though. And don't do it if it's pain in your joints or back. Muscle soreness is fine.
  • newve
    newve Posts: 82 Member
    Options

I still work out...it is just your muscles that havent been used like that before. Stretch well and if you want you can forego the weights.
    I am strange though...I LOVE that pain :) it lets me know I did something right when my muscles are a little sore.

This^
  • bbaker172
    bbaker172 Posts: 93
    Options
    Do you take supplements? They say that Magnesium/calcium help with sore muscles. All I know is my first week of insanity I would wake up clenching my leg muscles because they ached, heard about magnesium/calcium, started taking it, and it's not so bad anymore.

Good Luck!
  • Charlene_91
    Charlene_91 Posts: 323
    Options
    I was like that really sore on my legs and arms i couldn't even sit without pain but i carried on through and today's day 4 and im fine, just stretch more than she says.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    if it's just sore, push through it. taking breaks and restarting will make the soreness continue. if it's actual PAIN, then take a break and try icing it or using a heating pad. icy hot works well on the soreness :)
  • ahelland21
    ahelland21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    To an extent yes, but not really. How's THAT for confusing? I guess what I mean is that, for me anyway, I push through if it's just muscle soreness... But if it were a sharper pain like I was straining something, I would NOT continue. Does that make sense? Because yes, when I did the Shred, I had some VERY sore days. Working out helped relieve some of the soreness, by the way. I did the workouts 5 days per week, myself. Usually days 2 & 3 of each level were the most sore. After that I was sometimes still sore for another day or two, but it was much LESS sore. HTH

I agree with this. The first few days of each level, I was REALLY sore, but I just pushed through and actually felt better after working out again. BUT, I also think rest days are important too, so I usually take off 1-2 days a week (not consecutively) to let my body rest and recuperate. Otherwise, you may end up injuring yourself, and as Jillian says in the videos, injuries are not allowed! :)
  • Lisaherbalmomma
    Options
    Hi, I peeked at your profile and saw that your are 18 and only need to lose 14lbs. So, with this information I would say keep at it. Modify movements if you need to. What size of hand weights are you using? If you are using 5lb, start with 2 then move up. Drink a protein shake after your workout, too. I'm 47, need to lose 60+lbs and have been able to keep up with the program. I'm only using 2lb weights though because that is what I had. If you don't have 2lb weights, you can hold a can of canned goods in each hand. Lisa
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    I wondered the same thing when I started it and was sore, but I pushed through it and I actually felt better while doing the workouts. it took a few days for the soreness to go away, but it was worth it :) As long as it's just sore, you'll be fine. Now if there's a sharp pain, stop!
  • Vitamin_K
    Vitamin_K Posts: 47
    Options
    Just push thru & listen to your body.... It will ease up after a fed days of the workout..
  • Kim28NASHVILLE
    Kim28NASHVILLE Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I am going to keep pushing and may modify some of the exercises. If I take any rest days, I may start taking more and more rest days. YOU can do it girl!!!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i'm about to start level 3 today, i would say go ahead and try and do it but without the weights. the movement would be good for the muscle tissue but no weights would give the tissue a break from the hardcore tearing down that happens. also i highly recommend the calcium/ mag supplement to my clients ( massage therapy) it helps a lot. also of course lots of water :-) i promise it will get better!!! good luck!!!!!!!!!
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    My muscles were in agony for the first 3 days, but i decided to push through, if you want the fast results then you should defiantly stick to it for the recommended 30 days. If you just want to use the dvd for just a quick cardio workout then just wait until your muscles are less sore and continue to use it consistently for 3-4 days a week. It DOES get easier!! And it really works!!!
  • newve
    newve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    We can do it!!
  • Joorrrrdddyyn
    Joorrrrdddyyn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the help. (:
    kim: thanks, it means alot. we're gunna do this!

i decided i'll take a calcium pill @ noon, like a few of you mentioned. and i'll put icy hot on my shoulders. i know if i take a break for a day, it'll turn into a 2 week break. thanks to all of you!!!