Stupidest fight you've ever had with your SO

Options

Replies

• Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    YOU OWN A PUG!

so do I.. lol..! just had to say that.

couldn't imagine being with a girl for that specific reason I can be horrible when TOM comes.. thought of two women with PMS at the same time scares me. :laugh:

I do too!!!! LOVE pugs!
  • Jess207
    Jess207 Posts: 90
    Options
    My parents are the "Bickersons"...everything is an argument. One that cracked me up in particular was, they food shop together.It drives my mother insane that my father will put items into the cart or takes them out when she's not looking. My mother noticed a head of lettuce in the cart..."we dont need lettuce", "we do", "we dont"...so she took the lettuce and threw it down the aisle like a bowling ball! Strike! LOL
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    If you sat next to us in a restaurant and heard us picking jokes at eachother you would think we were on the brink of divorce but actually we just have playful banter and we enjoy joking with eachother. We are both quite academic and I think this gives us the chance to rest our brains.
    The last serious fight we had was when I found out that I was pregnant with identical triplets. Firstly they were unplanned and secondly I was at the OBGYN on my own. My husband actually made me go back to the office with him to speak to the Gyno because he thought I was winding him up. Now our triplets are 3 years old and we are too tired to fight over anything. Laughing and loving uses less energy perhaps :)
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My parents are the "Bickersons"...everything is an argument. One that cracked me up in particular was, they food shop together.It drives my mother insane that my father will put items into the cart or takes them out when she's not looking. My mother noticed a head of lettuce in the cart..."we dont need lettuce", "we do", "we dont"...so she took the lettuce and threw it down the aisle like a bowling ball! Strike! LOL

A coworker once told me a story about his parents at the grocery store. They were in the bread aisle and the wife had put a loaf of bread in the cart. The husband took the bread out and replaced it with a loaf of the store brand. The wife takes the store brand out and replaces it with the original loaf. The husband grabs the bread and puts it on the highest shelf and yells "WHAT ARE WE? THE ROCKEFELLERS?" and walks away.
  • Jess207
    Jess207 Posts: 90
    Options
    Hahaha! I really lol'ed! Sounds exactly like my parents...who have been married for 44 years! Fighting keeps it alive, I think!:laugh:
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE MF SNAKES ON THIS MF PLANE!
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options
    We've had very few fights, but the stupidest I can remember is a fight we got in over him not thinking that I fight people enough.

Fistfights or verbal spats?
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    He always watched MY shows ahead of me.

Like, he didn't care about watching Heroes. But I wake up one morning and he's like three episodes ahead of me. And in my half-asleep rage I called him every name in the book.

WHY DOES HE HAVE TO DO THAT? Can't you just WAIT and watch OUR show WITH me?
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    My husband once claimed that he didn't know how the dishwasher worked... that sparked a fight... he was just being lazy...
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    We've had very few fights, but the stupidest I can remember is a fight we got in over him not thinking that I fight people enough.

I've had this too! He'll be *****ing about whatever... And I just shut down. I'm silent unless I'm agreeing. "Okay."

He got pissed. I'm like, do you WANT me to scream at you?!

That was interesting.
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Been married for twelve years and we have never even had a little disagreement :)
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    Honestly? What I eat. Whether at home or out for dinner, she complains I eat too healthy and make her look bad. 90% of the time this ends in a fight because I should not eat less than her because she is a woman.

The last year I have just smiled and let her rant. I enjoy my healthier choice.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    He took one of my onion rings without asking a few weeks ago and it escalated and turned into a pretty big fight. It was my TOM so I was on edge to begin with, then the mother f*cker has the nerve to steal my onion ring. lol Yeah.. it was pretty silly and pathetic. We hardly ever fight these days either.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    There's about two that come to mind for me. He was arguing about the calorie contents in a bottle of soda - I said it was usually 250-300, and that a can was 150-200 (I know this stuff, right?). He denied my answer until we got home, where I looked it up, and then he refused to acknowledge I was right.

All in all, if we ever bicker, it's over in 5 minutes and we've both apologized :P
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Every month during 'that' time, we get into the stupidest fights/arguments. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a really stupid one though.
  • LSUrunningmom
    LSUrunningmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are HUGE college and NFL football fans for different teams. My team lost a big game and all hell broke loose. Now we have a plan to "support" each others teams unless we are playing each other. Then it is on :)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I find it seriously hard to believe that people are saying that they dont ever disagree in a long term relationship with their SO. Are you seriously saying that in 5 or 10 or 20 years you have never disagreed? Not a yelling, screaming, embarassing the kids kind of argument.....but you have never had a silly argument or disagreement? I dont buy that whatsoever. No matter how perfect your relationship might be, disagreements and arguments are not only normal but I think healthy.
  • amielizabeth1
    amielizabeth1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    These are SO funny! My now ex-husband and I were having an argument about what time we should leave for dinner that night. I was so mad I hopped in the car and put it in reverse. He happened to have his foot in the way and I ran over his foot with the tire and then DROVE AWAY. We laughed about that for a long time afterwards!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Oh we've had plenty of stupid fights... The one I can think of off the top of my head is when he wouldn't give me a dollar to get a drink while we were out and I was really thirsty.. He had money on him, just didn't want to get me a cheap water or whatever. That turned into a huge fight, him moving out for 6 months and me filing for divorce. Obviously we had more problems than that, but that was the last straw because of how bad it got and how he was at the time. We worked it out though considering we're still together and had 2 more kids after that.
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    He took one of my onion rings without asking a few weeks ago and it escalated and turned into a pretty big fight. It was my TOM so I was on edge to begin with, then the mother f*cker has the nerve to steal my onion ring. lol Yeah.. it was pretty silly and pathetic. We hardly ever fight these days either.

LoL those are the things I will secretly get upset about and then he will take the last of something and also when he takes the last of something. I want it dammit! Hahah