Time to properly introduce myself

Options
Well, hello y'all.

My name is Andie, I've been part of MFP since the begining of the month, I have posted in the boards and it is about time to introduce myself. My goals are not so much weight oriented (but it's nice to see the scale go down)... my goals consist of dropping my body fat percentage to 22% and fit in jeans size 10 by the end of the year...

Currently, I have 39% body fat and I'm a size 16/14.... last november, I realized that the path I was in wasn't making me happy. I was at that time 258lbs and my size 18 jeans were getting really tight.

So, I need so friends to help keep each other motivated because the people around me are not supportive.
I only get pointed out that I'm still fat and that my progress so far is irrelevant because well, I'm still fat... I need different attitudes because I'm actually frustated and at times I want to give up... specially when I hit my plateau and I stopped losing weight for two months and yet I was constantly being asked "how much did you lose this week?" "why aren't you loosing? you're not trying hard enough" and instead of going the healthy path, I was heading towards an eating disorder...

I hope I can make my goals happen within my deadline :)

Sorry if it all sounded like a rant...

Replies

• helenmc40
    helenmc40 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for a few months now. I have only lost a couple of pounds! It was so depressing and dis-heartening not seeing the scale show my effort. I have however lost many inches and can feel myself getting stronger and fitter. Maybe the scale will catch up? I am not giving up and either should you! I am blessed to have so many inpsirational friends on MFP. They motivate me, encourage me and also keep me smiling. There are times I would've given up, but with their help and motivation I am still going strong!

Send me a friend request if you like. The only thing I want in return is your motivation and encouragement when I don't feel like doing this! :wink:
  • rainbowbandit
    rainbowbandit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me if you want! I know how hard it can be to find supportive people. Weight loss isn't easy, and doesn't happen overnight and some people don't realize you don't necessarily lose weight every week. Welcome. :)
  • AiimeeDee
    AiimeeDee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi Andie and welcome to MFP! Glad you are reaching out, there are great ppl on here that are so encouraging & supportive! You CAN reach your goal!! Feel free to add :)
  • ladyfingers73
    ladyfingers73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey there and welcome! I've been on this journey since March 3rd. Feel free to add me. :)
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I joined in January and I never could have imagined that I would lose 30+ pounds in 5 1/2 months. Don't get disappointed if you DON'T reach a size 10 by years' end. The process is a slow, but steady one. It's a lifestyle change, and it is indeed challenging!

I still get bummed out that I can't just eat whatever I want (and how much I want of it.) I had to admit to myself that the "bad" foods will always be there and they cannot be avoided at all costs. But I can control how much I eat of them, and how frequently I do eat them. Sure, I can down half of a large cheese pizza...but I will feel like garbage in the morning.

Part of what has helped me in my successes is the logging and keeping accountable. I am slowly realizing what I need to do to keep the weight off permanently. Do I always do it? No. You will backslide. It's OK. Just don't let it be a habit. You are in control. You can do this!
  • Squashypig
    Squashypig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Andie, just looked at your profile and I saw this

"My Inspirations

new wardrobe, if I reach my goal!"

Lets have some positive attitude, this should read "When I reach my goal". You CAN do it.....small steps, big results, but it WILL happen :flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me

and good luck

Sharon
  • WhatHayleyEats
    Options
    I've been here one week now and loving it! Anyone can add me as a friend if they like!

By the way, ignore all those negative comments you've been receiving and remember that you are doing this for yourself! Don't think about how you're going to look one month/two months from now, just think of today and keep smiling.

Hayley x
  • andie2013
    andie2013 Posts: 101
    Options
    Thanks for the adds and encouragement :)
    I'll be going through each post and check if we aren't already friends :)