Stretch Marks...HELP!!

Options
Any ideas on how to get rid or reduce these :) Please!! I went from 120lbs to 340lbs after two kids now that im down to 184lbs the marks are more and more noticeable...any advice appreciated

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I do not know of any way to get rid of them. Honestly haven't found them to be an issue on anyone as over time they blend in quite well on everyone.

Such a weight change AND having had two kids... should wear them as a badge of honor really. NO SMALL feat to do what you've done so far!
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Any ideas on how to get rid or reduce these :) Please!! I went from 120lbs to 340lbs after two kids now that im down to 184lbs the marks are more and more noticeable...any advice appreciated

I don't know but the last 10 or so pounds I've lost I notice them a lot more. My hubby (he's lost 120 lbs) also has them on his arms, chest and biceps.
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Maybe try the gradual self-tanner, such as Jergen's Natural Glow. This will make them less noticeable but obviously won't make them go away either. I've heard Cocoa Butter helps, as do the creams like Mederma, but that can get expensive over time.
  • conkle23
    conkle23 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    COCOA BUTTER! Does work wonders.. Over time they will fade (Not completely) with the COCOA! :D
  • selzam2
    selzam2 Posts: 34
    Options
    I have had great results as far as firming skin/fading marks by using a Shea butter cream (specifically Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa "Lay It On Thick" intense moisturizer, about $15 for a 10oz tube). Of course I have also been doing more cardio lately and some of the toning up might be due to that. Good luck!
  • xxpinkcandyxx
    xxpinkcandyxx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bio-oil is really good. Or has been for me anyway:smile:
  • tnpmonaco1
    tnpmonaco1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    "Such a weight change AND having had two kids... should wear them as a badge of honor really. NO SMALL feat to do what you've done so far! "

^AGREE! But having had 2 kids myself and having a stomach covered in stretch marks, I know how you feel... I can tell you Mederma stretch mark cream does not work-and is expensive!! I have noticed that Bio Oil works for softening and smoothing skin. Also exfoliate! My stretch marks are from my first pregnancy over 12 years ago and over time they have faded tremendously... Another trick I have heard is vicks vapor rub. I tried that and felt like it may work over time, but I ran out and didn't stick with it. It definitely makes your skin soft as well!
  • Krystal7786
    Krystal7786 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    thanks guys im gonna try cocoa for a while then maybe bio-oil
  • girlbehindthechair
    Options
    palmers cocoa butter oil - put it on after EVERY shower, I went from 120lbs to 175lbs with my pregnancy, am sitting at 136 now, I lost and gained SO MUCH in the last 2 months it was insane, so my hips are streeeeaaatched out! The palmers brand cocoa butter oil works so well, it blended my c-section scar as well, I'm very happy with the results. and it's pretty low cost, found it at dollar general.
  • Alexz210
    Alexz210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've only been using bio oil for 3 weeks, and can already see a slight difference. Everything will take time, and I'm afraid nothing will get rid of them completely!
    I think I'll try the gradual tanning lotion as well.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    those are probably your tiger stripes for life. Get a tattoo! lol
  • Sk8rG
    Sk8rG Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Time.

I gained 45 lbs in the last 8 weeks of my second pregnancy which left me one great big stretch mark.

That baby is 17 now and the stretch marks while still there are not nearly as angry looking anymore. I do find that a bit of tan helps minimize further, but they will never go away sadly. I agree with the earlier posts - wear them with honour. My 19 and 17 year old tell me often that I should embrace the marks they left on my body. :) Easy for them to say - they're young and beautiful. LOL
  • KJF0808
    KJF0808 Posts: 9
    Options
    Bio Oil
    Vitamin E