Planning less snacks

Options
I'm trying to move away from multiple snacks. I need to eat at least 2000 calories to maintain my current weight. I'm not trying to lose any more pounds. All of my foods are low cal (no sugar, no fried foods, no cheese) so I eat 3 meals and eat 3 snacks daily. To get away from feeling like I'm grazing all day, I would like to move toward bigger meals and one snack. How do I eat more calories per meal without have a plate piled with food?

Replies

• justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm currently maintaining a net of 1200 but consuming between 1700 and 2000 calories.

I am eating 3 snacks and 3 meals and as a result I'm never hungry.

If you want to eliminate 2 of your snacks you might want to cook with/consume healthy oils and nut butters, that seems to be the go-to recommendation around here for more calories without much more volume.

You could also have a couple of stiff drinks :drinker:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    If you want to eliminate 2 of your snacks you might want to cook with/consume healthy oils and nut butters, that seems to be the go-to recommendation around here for more calories without much more volume.

I agree. If you don't want more food, you need to add calorie dense things into your meals. Cook proteins in healthy oils. Use full fat dairy. Make your own salad dressing using oil and vinegar. Add avocado slices to sandwiches and salads. Pile the guacamole on a taco. Add a handful of chopped cashews or peanuts to a stir fry...basically think of high calorie foods that are healthy. Remember, fats in general are NOT unhealthy, it all depends on the source.
  • mycorner99
    mycorner99 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great advice! I will stop cutting down on my oil and other healthy higher-calorie foods.