Hello

Options
My name is Margaret and I am a short term dieter. I'm not very successful at dieting because I become too impatient with getting results. I work at a desk for long hours and return home to relax. I hardly have energy and I also have a 3 year old son. I want to be successful at maintaining a healthy diet to include excercise as well. I do some jogging but know I need to incorporate some weight lifting to help tone my muscles. I'd always heard that writing in a food journal and talking about things would help, so here I am.

I hope you all achieve your goals!

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    073.gif
    WELCOME
    The one thing you will learn about this site is that it is not so much a diet website, as a healthy lifestyle forum, which helps us all figure out how to maintain this lifestyle for life, not just for weight loss. You are going to love it here!
  • karinds
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is Karin and my daughter sent me the link to this program as an app on my iPhone. So far I love it and I had an old calorie counter on my old Palm Pilot. I used to be seriously overweight and had Lap Banding in 2001 and that failed then 2nd Lap Band in 2003 and that too failed so I ended up having VSG (Vertical sleeve gastrectomy) in May 2007 and so far I've lost most of it but still never quite got to the goal weight I had set for myself. Even people who have had WLS do need to keep track on calorie intake mainly to ensure we eat enough even though that sounds silly. It is very important to eat balanced and in my case I'm Hypoglyceamic so I need to eat ever 2 -3 hours otherwise I get rather faint and unsteady. So here I am to try again and see if I can finally reach the weight I had originally set for myself.

Starting weight 105 kgs (233 lbs)
    Current Weight 69.4 kgs (154 lbs)
    Goal weight 63 kgs (140 lbs)
    Height 156 cm (5'1")