Mother's Day Dinners or Meals...

Options
ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
I knew I wanted to ask something else LOL....

What will you be having for your big mother's day meal tomorrow if you're having one that is....and for those who are....will you be cooking like me....:grumble: lol

hugs!
Ali

Replies

• ali106
    Options
    I knew I wanted to ask something else LOL....

What will you be having for your big mother's day meal tomorrow if you're having one that is....and for those who are....will you be cooking like me....:grumble: lol

hugs!
    Ali
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Probably too much junk that's not good for me, I'll know it's not good, but I'll eat it anyway then spend the rest of the night feeling guilty lol!!!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    We're having fresh Gulf shrimp on the barbe, and some dungenuss (i know that's spelled worng=):wink: crab, Black Bean Salsa Salad and possibly rice or potato fries.... not sure about that part yet. My hubby marinated the shrimp tonight, but they probably didn't need marinating. Oh yes, sugar-free instant chocolate pudding for dessert with a squirt of whipping cream on it. YUM
  • ali106
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmm shrimp on the Barbe!!!!!! I want that too!!! I'm having porter house steaks on the barbe LOL...we'll slice them thin, almost fajita style...(on a fajita kick lately) also making peppers, onions and mushrooms to go w/ it...stir fried. macaroni salad, tri colored w/ a homemade vinaigrette and chopped veggies and boiled eggs really good! and rice and beans. Dessert will be something bad I just know it my sister is bringing it...that witch! lol....

hugs and hope you all enjoy your meals~ and days!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Going out to breakfast in the morning. Then dinner at my in-laws for steak. Food fest here I come:laugh:

Have a great one everyone:flowerforyou:
  • frenchfoodlover
    Options
    My husband asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day - usually my boys usually make me breakfast in bed but I said what I would like this year was to go to the gym and come home to the housework done!!!! No presents, no flowers, just a bit of peace of mind....

Here is my best mother's day story to inspire all you moms out there who might have a bad day... sometimes these special days can be hardest when they don't turn out how you planned....

A few years ago I was having my breakfast in bed and my youngest son who was 6 at the time came up to me and gave me 2 envelopes and said "here mum... I made these for you... Happy Mother's Day". Well, I was thrilled but my husband was frowning curiously as if he wasn't sure what was going on. I opened up the card from him... hand done with a picture of him and I in his best crayon. I hugged him and said thank you and then opened the next envelope. An official looking letter was inside and I read it out loud:

"Dear Parent: a recent rash of lice has gone through your child's classroom. We have checked all of the children and it appears you child may have lice. Please follow the attached instructions to remove the lice from his hair and clean your house using the following directions." :noway:

Well OMG!!!! I jumped out of bed and sure enough, he had caught them AND given them to his brother (fortunately my husband and I were okay) So I spent my entire mother's day with rubber gloves and lice killer treating my kids hair and vaccuuming and cleaning ever speck of our house from top to bottom. :sad:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Oh oh oh. Oh, my :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    My husband asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day - usually my boys usually make me breakfast in bed but I said what I would like this year was to go to the gym and come home to the housework done!!!! No presents, no flowers, just a bit of peace of mind....

Here is my best mother's day story to inspire all you moms out there who might have a bad day... sometimes these special days can be hardest when they don't turn out how you planned....

A few years ago I was having my breakfast in bed and my youngest son who was 6 at the time came up to me and gave me 2 envelopes and said "here mum... I made these for you... Happy Mother's Day". Well, I was thrilled but my husband was frowning curiously as if he wasn't sure what was going on. I opened up the card from him... hand done with a picture of him and I in his best crayon. I hugged him and said thank you and then opened the next envelope. An official looking letter was inside and I read it out loud:

"Dear Parent: a recent rash of lice has gone through your child's classroom. We have checked all of the children and it appears you child may have lice. Please follow the attached instructions to remove the lice from his hair and clean your house using the following directions." :noway:

Well OMG!!!! I jumped out of bed and sure enough, he had caught them AND given them to his brother (fortunately my husband and I were okay) So I spent my entire mother's day with rubber gloves and lice killer treating my kids hair and vaccuuming and cleaning ever speck of our house from top to bottom. :sad:

Sounds cr@ppy, but your story made me LOL!! :laugh:

Happy Mother's Day! :flowerforyou:
  • frenchfoodlover
    Options
    You gotta laugh... otherwise you'll go crazy!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ali106
    Options
    rotflmbo!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: oh frenchfoodlover....big hugs to you girl....being a mommy ain't for no wimps!:wink:

here's hoping your day turns out the exact way you want it!!!
    hugs!
    ali
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I told my kids I wanted us all to go shopping for the items, and then learn how to make my favorite Sushi together!!!

So that's what we are having, and then I'm thrilled that we are all going to make it (family time too! LOL)...I can't wait!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I LOVE the lice Mother's Day!!! My Mom will read it and love it too! LOL
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I LOVE the lice Mother's Day!!! My Mom will read it and love it too! LOL
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Mother's Day Menu (which is to celebrate 3 actual mothers and my daughter who is the mother of her baby dolls).....
    Swiss Steak (pork kabobs for me)
    Bake potatoes (summer squash, mushrooms, zucchini, red pepper .... to add to kabobs for me)
    Spinach salad
    Diet lime slush
    Carrot Cake (my splurge for the day... and apparently the only thing my daughter will eat out of that meal)