Convenience Foods that Help Keep You on Track!

elle18287
elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
Like many on MFP, I try to eat clean and healthy. Yet, I believe sometimes you need a little non-clean snack to keep you on track.
For example, I love Smart Ones Dark Chocolate Raspberry icecream pops. 80 calories of delicious! Also, I rely on sugar free jello!
What foods help you stay on track when you need a little snack?

Replies

• JDUR19
    JDUR19 Posts: 60 Member
    A couple of Jaffa Cakes. 40ish calories each and delicious
  • elle18287
    JDUR, do you know if they sell those in the U.S.???
  • JDUR19
    JDUR19 Posts: 60 Member

Never occured to me that they wouldn't haha. I don't know though, they're made by McVities' which is a British company but if you look hard enough I'm sure you could find them or something that's like them. Basically they are small "flying saucer" sort of shaped cakes with a thin top layer of chocolate and an orange flavoured disc of jelly in the middle. Delicious.
  • elle18287

Never occured to me that they wouldn't haha. I don't know though, they're made by McVities' which is a British company but if you look hard enough I'm sure you could find them or something that's like them. Basically they are small "flying saucer" sort of shaped cakes with a thin top layer of chocolate and an orange flavoured disc of jelly in the middle. Delicious.

I have never heard of them or the company. They sounds delicious!
  • desertowman
    desertowman Posts: 33 Member
    White Cheddar Chez Its
  • elle18287
    White Cheddar Chez Its

Those sounds great! I have seen that they have many varieties of ChezIts, I am just scared I won't be able to stop! LOL
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Flavored almonds, low sodium V8, prepared hummus, string cheese
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Light String Cheese

Blue Diamond Almonds 100 calorie packs (just trying the dark chocolate variety now, so yummy!)

Cheerios or Fiber One (dry) I eat it like a snack with out milk. They last a long time and fill the tummy nicely.

World Gourmet Veggie Straws
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Special K fruit crisp bars :)
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Oatmega 3 bars. I use those as my mid morn or mid afternoon snacks with a bottle of water. My favorite is the dark choc peanut, but the choc mint taste like thin mints!
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    FiberOne Brownies

FiberOne and Special K bars
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Crispy Green freeze dried fruits. I like the Asian pears the best. Only 40 calories a bag.
  • I never consume over 15 gms. of fat a day, and I have found it really!!! Difficult to maintain this and be healthy, but once you find what works for you it is so easy. Lots and LOTS of grilling - wich is awesome, and all the fresh produce I want. For a treat, I eat a couple slices of nonfat cheese and saltines with fresh grapes. Sweet, salty, and yum!
  • I have a slight obsession with pringles. Sometimes I just need the salt. They have light, fat free ones but they leave a pretty funky film on the top of your mouth. I usually go for the reduced fat ones. You can have 16 for a serving, so it lasts awhile.

Oh, & when I need something sweet, I keep sugar free salt water taffy around and a pretty good stash of sugar free chocolate candy too. One is good for me & takes the craving away.
  • Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice cream bars
  • Long_and_Lean
    Long_and_Lean Posts: 175 Member
    skinny cow chocolate fudge ice cream cones. I just wish they didn't have HFCS :-\
  • oh, i forgot to mention before. i saw the last couple posts about ice cream. the healthy choice fudge bars are SO good. they're 100 calories and for sure the best "diet" fudgesicle i've ever had.