Exercise DVD for my mother - ideas please??

Options
T_Marie4
T_Marie4 Posts: 104 Member
Trying to help my mom (she is 59 yrs old) find an exercise DVD she can do - Jillian Michaels is mostly all I have and too advanced. She is just starting out so wanting something that will ease her into a routine. She's gradually increasing her walking stamina, but I suggested she find something that would have her using light handweights for some strengthening after her cardio exercises. . .any ideas??

Thanks!

Replies

• rucks20
    rucks20 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Slim in 6? It's a beachbody product. I think it would work for her!!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked into this dvd at all, but I've heard Leslie Sansone (if I spelled that right) has really great beginners stuff. I've seen the DVDs at Target before. From what I've heard, it might be an appropriate match?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked into this dvd at all, but I've heard Leslie Sansone (if I spelled that right) has really great beginners stuff. I've seen the DVDs at Target before. From what I've heard, it might be an appropriate match?

LESLIE SANSONE! Yes, this would be a great match for beginners up to intermediate.

The reason it's great for beginners - so simple that you can "dumb down" anything to match your fitness level. After you get going - you can "boost it up" .... again it's simplicity allows boosting without being complicated.

Here's a solo video clip (although groups are more fun) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnsfbneFQ_8&feature=related

Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan is a great DVD to go with (Target, Wal-Mart, etc.) - You can program as much (or as little) as you want. It does have some strength segments to add in. Although strength training for Leslie never reaches intermediate level (IMO).

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/leslie-sansones-ultimate-5-day-walk-plan-6155

Prevention Get Moving is a good starter ..... it has 3 - 20 minute sections. Cardio, strength, & flexibilty. This is with Chris Freytag and is low impact. Cheap on Amazon ...... collage has video clips

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/prevention-get-moving-7675
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I also recommend Leslie Sansone DVD's. That's how I started and they eased my right into a good routine and when I was ready, I was able to handle the tougher workouts.
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Does your mom happen to have Comcast? On Demand, there are plenty of free exercise programs for all different levels :)
  • igobronco
    igobronco Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The Walk Fit DVDs could be a good place for her to start. The video I found came with resistance bands and you can add weights if you choose. Also be on the look out for used Weight Watchers videos they offer different intensity levels and have strength building added in.
  • T_Marie4
    T_Marie4 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the input, you've been helpful!!!