Migraine/Headach after working out

Options
Well I am two weeks into working out (using a treadmill) yesterday I worked out for an hour at and 8% grade going 3 miles an hour. Last night in the middle of the night I got a really bad Migrain and I am wondering if anyone else has expierence with this and how they dealth with it. Thank you :tongue:

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Are you prone to getting migraine's or is this something new? You said you've been working out for 2 weeks - is this the first time you've had a migraine? Is this the first time you've done this particular workout?
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I get a migraine after long intense workouts (I have a history of migraines). I took my workouts down a notch and a little shorter until I can build my strength and endurance. Hopefully I'll then be able to get back to more intense work outs...
  • igobronco
    igobronco Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have gotten migraines since I was younger. Yesterday was the first day that I had this intensity in the workout. I had the start of a migraine the other day but took some advil before it got to the point where it got bad. Last night I did not feel it coming on as I was asleep and then was woken by the pain.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Could have something to do with getting your heart rate up there during the workout (total guess, though, I'm no doctor). If you have a history of getting them, perhaps before your more intense workouts you could take some Advil to prevent one....?

Or maybe call your doctor and see what they say.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    if this is the first time you have had a migraine after working out then it could be a coincidence.

What you eat can cause migraines, hormones, even strange things like smells.

Note down your migraines in your food diary - you'll need to be tracking for 3 or 4 migraines/3 months and then see if you can notice any trends wrt food or exercise. Its also worth noting things like ToM because you may see a pattern there.

Specifically with exercise I have a dodgy neck/jaw and have to be very careful on form particularly on things like ab crunches and lifting weights because poor form or tensing can lead to a migraine for me.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    How much are you drinking?? One of the most common causes of headaches is actually dehydration :ohwell:
  • igobronco
    igobronco Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When I am working out I drink at least 24 oz of water and then continue to drink water after I work out. Thank you all for the ideas it was a bit of a downer to get the headach but I don't want to give up