Why am I not seeing any results?!

Options
Why am I not loosing ANY weight?!

I meet my calorie goal every day and I am pretty conscious of what I am eating. Yet here I am, a week into MFP and I have not lost a single pound, if anything I may have gained one or two depending on the day.

Help!

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Without additional information this is going to be very hard to answer intelligently. You may want to consider opening up your journal so that people can have an idea what you have been eating / doing for exercise. A mention of your base calories would be useful, are you active, not active, drink water?? Eating 1200 calories of junk is not the same as eating 1200 calories of real food. Without seeing what you are eating we can't tell anything.
  • KJF0808
    KJF0808 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks, didn't know I could make journal public.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Hey, I looked at your diary (sorry I know invasion!!), and even though your coming close to your goal calories, you need to eat a bit healthier.. Try to make more food at home and avoid going out or having frozen dinners.. Also you gotta give it a lot more than 1 week to see results when you first start. My 2 cents
  • KJF0808
    Options
    Thanks.
    I agree, I do need to eat healthier.
    It's hard to find the time to make your own food when you work full time, but I'll work on it.
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I also peaked at your journal. You sure do eat a lot of convenience food, processed, high carb/low protein food. From what I can see, almost all of your vegetables come from frozen dinners. Try and up your lean meats (Such as chicken, fish, lean beef) and vegetables. Hell, even get more fresh fruit in there and really cut back on eating out and processed meals.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
    It's hard to find the time to make your own food when you work full time, but I'll work on it.

I work FT, live on my own, go to nursing school and have 4 dogs.

I make a few meals on Sunday for the week. Also, the night before I'll plan the next day, set it all out, cut what needs to be cut. It can be done, but it takes prep, dedication and the will to want to do it.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I would suggest tracking your sodium and drinking water. I had the same problem, and that really made a difference for me. I can gain a couple of pounds just by eating too many high sodium meals and not drinking enough water.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Lots of convenience foods, and restaurants....change your diary settings to show sodium intake and you might see the answer right there. Its worth it to make time to prepare your own food...

Agree with the others to give it more time too...drink the water, get some exercise, and you WILL lose eventually.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Eat real food. Drink your water. Weight everything with a food scale. Move 30 minutes a day. Be patient
  • winamb
    winamb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Same here. I work FT and have two kids. I just make the time to prepare my meals for the next day. That is better time spent instead of just sitting in front of the TV, which is what I used to do. You can do anything you set your mind tooooooo!
  • bogdanb94
    bogdanb94 Posts: 4
    Options
    For a female you do consume too much carbs to be honest ... You should try to keep that 165g/day goal that MFP set or even get to 140 at a certain point(e.g. when you're not so active) .... that clean eating type a deal is , for the most part , non-sense because a carb is still a carb... you're body can't tell the difference between 1g of carb from a bagel and 1g of carb from an apple... also very important : STICK TO IT....
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Give it time..and drink as much water as possible.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Do you drink water?

One thing that I do which may help you is to pack your breakfast/lunch for work the night before that way you aren't in a hurry on your way out the door to grab something 'fast'. The frozen dinners are loaded with salt and sugar. One thing that struck me was how little "food" you are actually eating for the number of calories you're getting. If you change your macros to track sodium & sugar I'll bet you will faint!

It does take time to cook for yourself for certain but not as much as you may think.. Once you get into the swing you can make a healthy dinner and pack leftovers for lunch in about an hour. Think of it as an investment in your health. Your body will thank you ;)
  • KJF0808
    Options
    I'd like to add that a lot of my convenience foods on my food tracker aren’t actually me eating out. When I make things at home the search on the MFP app doesn’t give you a homemade option, so I just go with some that sounds close to what I actually ate. For example, last night I made spaghetti, but MTF didn’t have anything on the search so I selected something that sounded similar Fizolies. I do that often, I try not to eat out if I don’t have to, how can I accurately track what I’m making at home?
  • KJF0808
    Options
    Thank you!
  • seardefilip
    Options
    Thanks.

Try to plan ahead- like maybe one day a week prepare several days worth of meals- I agree too it is hard, but the challenge is SO worth it!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    how often are you weighing yourself? Try only doing it once a week. And if anything, just keep doing what you are doing. You should at least be feeling better physically and mentally if you are doing all the right stuff.. That should be a part of your goal too.

Keep going.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Get some of those carbs/sugars out of your diet. You will be suprised how much you drop and how much BETTER you feel! Good luck!
  • seardefilip
    Options
    I'd like to add that a lot of my convenience foods on my food tracker aren’t actually me eating out. When I make things at home the search on the MFP app doesn’t give you a homemade option, so I just go with some that sounds close to what I actually ate. For example, last night I made spaghetti, but MTF didn’t have anything on the search so I selected something that sounded similar Fizolies. I do that often, I try not to eat out if I don’t have to, how can I accurately track what I’m making at home?

and search by brand name like prego or Ragu- for your sauces etc- it gets easier don't get defeated!~
  • KJF0808
    Options
    how often are you weighing yourself? Try only doing it once a week. And if anything, just keep doing what you are doing. You should at least be feeling better physically and mentally if you are doing all the right stuff.. That should be a part of your goal too.

Keep going.

Thank you. Finally someone more positive.