In your 20s and just had a baby! Bye bye baby weight!

Options
I'm 21 and just had a baby girl! I want to lose about 20 more pounds was at about 150 after I had her now down to 142 need to get down to around 120 I'm 5'2! Just been doing diet and excersize! Would love to hear other people with similar stories! Feel free to add me! Would love to motivate and be motivated! :) good luck to everyone!

Replies

• ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, I have a 10 month old. I lost all of my baby weight and then some. Feel free to add me!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I was you 10 years ago. My "baby" is going to be 10 next month.
    Good luck!
  • naomisaunt
    Options
    I'm 27 and have a 10 month old. I'm just shy of 5 feet. I also have lost all of my baby weight plus some. I love MFP!
  • misschelle04
    Options
    I am 25 with TWO kiddies! 4 and 1 year old and finally said i am done carrying this weight around!!!!!
  • alord426
    alord426 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am 24 years old and have a 2 year old. Down 81lbs!
  • misschelle04
    Options
    I am 24 years old and have a 2 year old. Down 81lbs!

CONGRATS!!
  • Ahanlyn90
    Ahanlyn90 Posts: 4
    Options
    Yes baby weight sucks!!! Lol my baby weight is pretty
    Much gone now it's just the extra I got when I got out of college and stopped dancing!
  • jendc21
    jendc21 Posts: 5
    Options
    ok to all you who lost your baby weight and then some... how did you do it and what did you weight before you had the baby?? Also it sounds like most of you were more or less smaller or close to ideal weight before you had babies. I was overweight before I had my baby and still am... anyone else out there like that who lost weight and then some?? If so how did you do it?
  • wabecca
    wabecca Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 with a 3 yr old and 1 yr old. I was 155 lbs when I got pregnant both times. Breastfeeding helped get me back down to my prepregnancy weight pretty easily. Now I have been using MFP about 4 mos and am down to 135 :)
  • MamaHarvey2
    MamaHarvey2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 years old and have a 9 year old and a 20 month old. Prior to having kids, I never had to worry about eating healthy because I was skinny and exercised daily. Since my first daughter, I've struggled with weight loss. Now after having my 2nd daughter, I'm at the heaviest I've ever been. This Sunday I started the ViSalus 90-Day weight loss challenge and joined MFP. I know that I have the support and dedication this time around to reach my ultimate weight-loss goal of 60 lbs.
  • ammire82
    ammire82 Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm 29, my oldest will be 12 in 25 days and my youngest is 19 months today, middle child is 9. I started out at 120lbs in size 12 jeans and after my third child I ballooned up to a whopping 230 wearing size 16. I've lost 33 pounds since I started using MFP 195 days ago, but not sure on pant size being as I've just been using a belt and haven't bought any new clothes. I'm not really worried about weight as much as size. I'd like to get back into my size 10s I had before baby #3 even though I weighed 170. I would rather be "overweight" and look healthy then be in my height bracket's "healthy" and look sick. At one point I was wearing size 5 pants and I looked gross(still weighed 165 though) and my pants were a tad to short. Yes, I'd be happy with my 10s again.
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and my daughter is 10 months old. I gained 35 pounds while pregnant, from 120 to 155. It took awhile, but I lost about 30 pounds in 3-4 months after she was born without doing anything. Then, my weight seemed to stay at 125. So I joined myfitnesspal and lost the remaining 5 pounds by eating a net of 1200 calories per day and doing some form of cardio for about 20-30 min every day. I did not cut out any foods. I kept that up for awhile and lost maybe another 3-4 pounds.

Then I got bored with both logging and cardio and quit both. I do some body weight exercises and some lifting. I don't count calories anymore but I pretty much cut out all bread and seriously limited all other refined carbs (like cereal, chips, crackers, etc.). I aim to get at least one vegetable in every time I eat (so all meals and snacks) and try to get in at least 25 g of protein per meal. I have lost a little over 12 pounds since January and am currently just under 113 pounds. I would like to lose another 5-6 pounds at least, but my efforts at this point are pretty laidback. I probably eat more candy, chips, and crackers than I should.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm abou to be 21 and I'm 5'2 as well :) I had my son last year and I breast fed and that helped me lose a lot of the weight, but the rest of it kinda just fell off with doing what all I had to do to take care of a baby (I got lucky I guess) and I was constantly up and down stairs...But once the weight was gone, I wasn't happy with my body (I'm still not completely satisfied) I want to work on getting everything toned so I'm right there with you! Feel free to add me...I sure can help motivate you! :) Congrats on your new baby lol
  • mhtnurse
    mhtnurse Posts: 4
    Options
    I am a new mom myself. I was considered obese prior to having my baby and was only allowed to gain 15-20 pounds. Now that my baby boy is now 12 weeks, I am trying my best to get off this weight as well as the 50 pounds that I should have had off before I had him.
    I really need some motivation just like you so please feel free to add me. We can all do this together.
  • naomisaunt
    Options
    ok to all you who lost your baby weight and then some... how did you do it and what did you weight before you had the baby?? Also it sounds like most of you were more or less smaller or close to ideal weight before you had babies. I was overweight before I had my baby and still am... anyone else out there like that who lost weight and then some?? If so how did you do it?
    I was 125 before I got pregnant, and for someone who is not quite 5 feet tall, that's pretty bad. Breastfeeding helped a lot, and when my baby was about 4 months old, I decided to get my rear in gear and start working out. I work out at least three times a week, alternating between cardio and strength training. I still hadn't lost what I wanted to, and that's when I joined MFP. That's when I realized that I was eating like a pig! I had no idea I was consuming so many calories every day. When I started watching my caloric intake was when I really started to lose.
  • hjosephw
    Options
    hi im in the same boat as u just had a baby 2months ago lost most of my baby weight and i just need to lose about 30more pounds to get down to my prebody....just started today i move alot with my son so exercise is good and eating is hard when i am always hungry....im breast feeding so im not really sure how many calorie i am to intake so i am on a 1200 calories a day diet.hope u are losing the weight if u need anyone to help i am here :) good lucky