Biggest Loser and Jillian Michaels' workout dvd questions

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I just bought three new exercise dvds today, and I have a few questions. I thought it'd be easier to just make one post.

Biggest Loser Yoga--Do you need a medicine ball? I have a yoga ball or whatever it's called (much smaller than a stability ball). Will that work? It doesn't have any added weight. Would a medicine ball be a good investment anyway?

JM No More Trouble Zones AND/OR Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism--What kinds of results have you seen with this or these?

Replies

• Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    I don't know about the yoga but I have tried the JM workouts. They're on Comcast on demand where I live and I LOVE them! (But hate them while I'm doing them! HAHA) No more trouble zones is more manageable in my opinion. I can actually get through it without stopping. Banish fat though, that one I have yet to get through without stopping! It's a lot of cardio! As far as results, I feel that if I had done better with my eating, that I would've really lost a lot doing these. I really think you will enjoy them! Good luck!
  • erhoden
    erhoden Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have both workouts and love them! I run and cross train 5 days a week- in pretty good shape and these workouts totally kick my butt!! During the workout I think Jillian is just plain evil, but then I am so excited to have something that is hard and really making me work. I did the fat loss one 2 days ago and I still am sore. So don't go too crazy at first. I have a lot of respect for Jillian in that she doesn't give you some easy, ineffective workout. She wants you to see results and makes you work for it. Good luck and let us know what you think.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I have both workouts and love them! I run and cross train 5 days a week- in pretty good shape and these workouts totally kick my butt!! During the workout I think Jillian is just plain evil, but then I am so excited to have something that is hard and really making me work. I did the fat loss one 2 days ago and I still am sore. So don't go too crazy at first. I have a lot of respect for Jillian in that she doesn't give you some easy, ineffective workout. She wants you to see results and makes you work for it. Good luck and let us know what you think.
    So, I should start with my 5 pound weights instead of 8 or 10 pounders? LOL
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options

HOLY MOLY! i use 2's and it kills me! at one point in the video jillian actually mentions that she's only using 3's because it's high reps and low weight, so you may actually wanna do the 5's if you have nothing smaller!
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I have 3s, so I will start out with those. Thanks!
    HOLY MOLY! i use 2's and it kills me! at one point in the video jillian actually mentions that she's only using 3's because it's high reps and low weight, so you may actually wanna do the 5's if you have nothing smaller!
  • lbpw
    lbpw Posts: 77
    Options
    ive done the no more trouble zones for about 3 weeks three times a week and ive lost around 5 lbs and some inches. its really hard while doing it and i dread it everytime but i feel so good when im done. the first week my thighs and arms were killing me and i used only 3 lbs.
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    I have a question on the 30 day Shred workout. Do you have to do all three workouts to lose the 20 pounds in 30 days?
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I saw all the jillians and BL on sale the other day and really want to try no more trouble zones!! Although 30 day shred kicked my butt...
  • beckyk1979
    beckyk1979 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just bought and tried the fat blast one this morning and was coming on here to talk about it. =) I was able to do about half of it. It really kicked my butt. and i have trouble with all the jumping type moves because my ankle pops and does not feel right. I'm not sure what i should do about that. Other than the jumping it seems to be a great work out. I was sweating and could hardly breath through most of it and like i said i could only manage to do about half of it, i had to stop to catch my breath many times.
    Becky
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I have a question on the 30 day Shred workout. Do you have to do all three workouts to lose the 20 pounds in 30 days?
    I think you need to do all three levels eventually, but no one I know has lost 20 pounds. You would have to stick to the nutrition plan (online?) to possibly lose that much.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Okay, I just did NMTZ. I didn't think it was too bad until like the fourth set. My arms and legs are still shaky after half an hour. Yeah! I bet I'll feel it tomorrow, but since I've been remotivated to workout again (after a couple of months of illness at my house), I will push through and get in another type of exercise tomorrow.