Really dude? Do your own leg work...

Options
Tony_Brewski
Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
How many of you have that friend out there that's too shy to talk to someone they may have the hots for? The gym I go to theres a gal that works there that I know my buddy would just go nuts for. I tell him "Hey man hit the gym with me talk to this gal." (Ok paraphrasing) and instead I get. "Can't you just get her name and number for me?" WHAT?!?! Are you serious?!

Me, "Yeah hey this is crazy... we BS at the gym here and there, but like my buddy wants your name and number... no you've never seen him. Yeah hes too shy to show his face. So whats the digits?" O_o

I mean would I be wrong to neck punch this guy? Yes drastic but still come on! We go to the bars. Him, "Hey go talk to that chick for me and get her to come over her." WTF dude?!

Replies

• LouiseRose92
    LouiseRose92 Posts: 112
    Options
    I would find that weird if a guy said that to me. But, if he misses a chance with a hot girl, that's his loss.
    But at a bar? Seriously, is he still in school?!
  • yankeegrl67
    Options
    What are we in high school? Tell him to write her a note. I like you. Do you like me? Check yes or no :love:
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options
    Is your "friend" 14 years old?
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I don't see much wrong with it to be honest.

Isn't it equally weird to go to the gym solely with the intention of hitting on a girl you've never seen.

Perhaps your mate just isn't as bothered as you want him to be?

ETA: - just seen the bit about going to bars....yea that is a bit weird...I get the gym bit, but in a bar setting it's standard. He needs to man up...
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    What are we in high school? Tell him to write her a note. I like you. Do you like me? Check yes or no :love:

LOL'd seriously did!

No it doesn't bother me he doesn't want to go ... what gets me is how he wont do any of it on his own. Example like I said it's like this when we're at the bars even.
  • KDHILSON
    KDHILSON Posts: 13
    Options
    That's funny. No really, I laughed out loud at my desk. I suppose I was imagining myself as that girl and my reaction would be not unlike the face you made at the end of your sentence, huh??:noway:

Tell your friend to get a life, or at the least, get a clue. A wing man is there to support you. If I'm going through all the motions, I need to just keep the digits and date her myself. Good luck!
  • chrishgt4
    Options

LOL'd seriously did!

No it doesn't bother me he doesn't want to go ... what gets me is how he wont do any of it on his own. Example like I said it's like this when we're at the bars even.

I have to say I've got a mate like this. Back when I was single I'd do all the leg work opening a group of girls, turn round and he'd be gone....and I'd even open less attractive groups, just to help him get his foot in the door, planning on taking one for the team and he'd still be too scared to join in.

Gave up after a while cos you can only help someone so much without them helping themselves...
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My husband's best friend is like that. I tried for years to get him to come out to the bars with us so that he could meet some of my coworkers but he just wanted me to get their numbers so he could call them. He had no clue how odd that would be to receive a phone call from some dude the girl has never met. Now he spends most of his time *****ing about how I never bring around any single girls for him to meet.
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    Is he the Real 40-Year Old Virgin? How unique. Let me PM my number to you.
  • chrishgt4
    Options
    My husband's best friend is like that. I tried for years to get him to come out to the bars with us so that he could meet some of my coworkers but he just wanted me to get their numbers so he could call them. He had no clue how odd that would be to receive a phone call from some dude the girl has never met. Now he spends most of his time *****ing about how I never bring around any single girls for him to meet.

Surely it must be scarier to call up a random girl than to just chat to her in a social setting?!

Don't get guys who can't just chat to a girl....not even chat them up, just speak to them...
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    Dude sounds like a P*ssy
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    How many of you have that friend out there that's too shy to talk to someone they may have the hots for? The gym I go to theres a gal that works there that I know my buddy would just go nuts for. I tell him "Hey man hit the gym with me talk to this gal." (Ok paraphrasing) and instead I get. "Can't you just get her name and number for me?" WHAT?!?! Are you serious?!

Me, "Yeah hey this is crazy... we BS at the gym here and there, but like my buddy wants your name and number... no you've never seen him. Yeah hes too shy to show his face. So whats the digits?" O_o

I mean would I be wrong to neck punch this guy? Yes drastic but still come on! We go to the bars. Him, "Hey go talk to that chick for me and get her to come over her." WTF dude?!

He obviously doesn't have the stones to go out with her, save her the drama and tell him to forget it.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I always thought I was the laziest person I know of...
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Tell him girls like confidence, and that doesn't really show case any.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    NO, I don't have any friends like that..... by choice!
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm..... is it really your "friend" or are YOU just looking for confidence, support and encouragement to talk to this girl at the gym???

Opening line..... "dang gurl, was that 7mph on a 12% incline......." :love: LOL. :glasses:
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    so... i was at a bar this one time with a group of friends. a girl i really didn't know asked if i would get this guy's number for her. so i did. and i gave it to her. 3 weeks later we started dating, and it was the happiest 2 years of my life. i'm thankful for every moment i had with him.
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    "Hey go talk to that chick for me and get her to come over her."

You can be his wingman w/o being his matchmaker. :happy: I mean, at the bar is one thing, but at the gym, he should at LEAST be present if you're going to get him in her sights.
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    wow what a total puss! I wouldn't give my number out to some guys friend...if you want it then YOU ask for it.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

ok...there's being/needing a wingman....and then there's this....

if he needed a wingman that's one thing...but this? This is like needing your mom to walk you to school in grade nine....or grade 5 for that matter