My first big NSV

Options
My pants have been getting baggy over the last 2 month, so I stopped at the store. I have been wearing a size 52 waist dress pants. I grabbed a size 48 and a 46 hoping the 46 would fit. I was surprised when they fit perfectly. I was wondering how much weight do you need to lose to go down a pants size.

Replies

• jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!! Great NSV!!
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! And to answer your question I have no idea
  • LuckyKeys
    LuckyKeys Posts: 1
    Options
    What is NSV?
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory. :)

To the OP, I think it depends on height, I'm very short 5'1" and it takes me about 15-20lbs before I drop a pant size. I guess it also depends on toning too.

But hot ham! Congrats on the pant size drop. That's a fantastic NSV!
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thats AWESOME GREAT WORK!!!!!! You are WELL on your way to a NEW LIFESTYLE!!!:drinker: And to drop a pant size, it really depends on ur body... hate to say that and not really give u a straight forward answer. . . But, everyone's body is different. :happy:
  • fueledbychange
    fueledbychange Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    What is NSV?

Non-scale victory. A way of seeing your progress, not in terms of weight!
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV!

I'm 5'9". At the higher sizes it takes me 25-35 lbs to drop a size, but when I was fit it was sometimes as little as five pounds that separated the sizes. Maybe it's a logarithmic scale haha? I'd say it has a lot to do with body composition and height.
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    When I went down 45 I was 2 pant sizes smaller. :flowerforyou:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    My pants have been getting baggy over the last 2 month, so I stopped at the store. I have been wearing a size 52 waist dress pants. I grabbed a size 48 and a 46 hoping the 46 would fit. I was surprised when they fit perfectly. I was wondering how much weight do you need to lose to go down a pants size.

Sometimes 0 pounds. Depends if you've been strength training or not :)
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is great! I have dropped one pants size and two notches on my belt. It really feels great to get smaller clothes. Your pants must have been really baggy to drop sizes like that.
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    Congrats!! On the pants size - I think it totally depends on the person - bone structure, height, size - as well as where you lose the weight from and what type of exercise you are doint.
  • rw10091960
    rw10091960 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Kris, I started out about your size, Was a size 50, now wearing size 40. I've found that about every 14-15 lbs I was going shopping. Congrat's on the NSV :smile:
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!. I hear its 1 pant size for every 10-12 pounds but I don't know how accurate that is. I'm down 55 and went from an 18 to a 12... but most of my 12's are big. I feel like I'm endlessly shopping for "between size" clothing because I have about 20 or so left to go.... but shopping is one of my highs :drinker:
  • kris7477
    kris7477 Posts: 14
    Options
    Wow. That is great! I have dropped one pants size and two notches on my belt. It really feels great to get smaller clothes. Your pants must have been really baggy to drop sizes like that.

I was joking around at work, calling them my clown pants.

Thanks for all the support.
  • ginabinainky
    ginabinainky Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I'm so proud of you!!!
  • DENALI2017
    Options
    Nice job dude. Sometimes these things take time, but a NSV like that is really encouraging.
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    Great work! I did the same this week; I've been wearing pants two dress sizes too big for me without even really noticing.
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options

I was joking around at work, calling them my clown pants. Maybe you can call them your "MC Hammer pants"

Thanks for all the support.
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • GoodbyeFatChick
    GoodbyeFatChick Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot tall and I have lost 50 lbs, I have dropped 3 pant sizes. I'm loving the way I look in the mirror, before-not so much...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!