What do you normally have for lunch?

Options
inskydiamonds
inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
What's a normal day's lunch look like for you?

Replies

• XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Currently 4 oz lean meat, 1/2 cup fruit and a just for onemsteamable with 12 oz water
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    homemade salad and brown rice crackers
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    Often whatever I have in the fridge that needs to be used up!
  • gooiyw
    gooiyw Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    img-20120727-02384_1343350257530_n.jpg?w=1014

Woops, sorry, too big.
  • Apocalypse_Meow
    Apocalypse_Meow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A healthy choice steamer or an Amy's burrito, or a big salad and I try to only drink water.
  • Brooklynhendricks21
    Brooklynhendricks21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm doing the 60 calorie, no sugar added, chocolate breakfast essential packs, with 3/4 cup 2% milk, ice, half of a banana, and 1tbsp of creamy peanut butter all blended together in a blender! It tastes so good and keeps me full usually until dinner time!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Often whatever I have in the fridge that needs to be used up!

LOL me too!!!

Also, my new favorite is 4-5 oz of chicken, (or turkey breast) Fried in Olive Oil Pam, with garlic, pepper and Lime juice.... mixed with 1 cup of pico de gallo.... its 175 calories...and yummy :)
  • jallison12
    jallison12 Posts: 83
    Options
    Wholewheat wrap, turkey lunch meat, lettuce tomato and little oil/vinegar, from the deli. Counting as 270 cals from MFP db. Recently changed to m/wave noodle lunches and weight loss stalled a little. So reverting back to my exact formula when I was successfully losing weight.

Tomorrow trying a homemade similar thing. From the supermarket a flax Roll-Up (110 cals), chicken breast deli meat (50 cals), lettuce (0 cals, I dunno ) and boars head horseradish sauce (15 cals). By my calc s/b around 175 cals.
  • sweetbeckymarie
    Options
    Lunch for me has to be something light and low carb because I sit all day at work and it messes with my digestion. Plus if I have carbs they tend to make me feel sluggish and sleepy which I don't need while stuck at work. I like to make salads chock full of fresh vegetables, beans added to fill me up, maybe some avocado sliced up. Pretty boring stuff I suppose. Left overs also make for great work lunches.
  • jallison12
    jallison12 Posts: 83
    Options
    img-20120727-02384_1343350257530_n.jpg?w=1014

Woops, sorry, too big.
    I don't know what that ^ is, but it looks delish!
  • taichilass
    taichilass Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I munch on spinach salad with a hard boiled egg, a little cheese and a little balsamic vinaigrette. Oh and of course water
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I usually just like to eat something quick and easy for lunch...

- PB and banana sandwich with some carrots or hard boiled egg
    -turkey/ham/chicken & avocado sandwich. Lots of veggies
    - egg white omelet with a piece of toast if I'm lacking on protein for that day.
    -occasionally oatmeal
    -Tuna salad, bean salad, taco salad.
    -sometimes just some fish with some crackers
    - tortilla wrap with any type of lean meat.

Not very creative but quick and yummy!
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I had a devon and cheese toastie and an apple
  • itaitu
    itaitu Posts: 3
    Options
    All winter long it's an Amy's Texas burger or a plain Quorn burger with a T or 2 of Trader Joes pepper spread and a big serving of frozen broccoli.
    Now it's something from the garden - this week mostly cabbage salads with various other veggies, a little home made tahini dressing and maybe some walnuts or cashews.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Meat.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Whatever my baby doll has prepared for me when I visit her during the weekend. Sometimes pulled pork, chicken chili, lasagna, etc. Or if I'm out of what she's prepared for me, I'll have a few cheeseburgers or an Al pastor burrito.
  • zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm making lunch right now:
    Chicken breast in tinfoil wrap with garlic and herbs
    Broccoli and chopped peppers steamed with herbs
    Ketchupppp :) (tons of sugar though so limited!)
  • SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from the night before
    A big, nutritious smoothie
    Salad with whatever is in the fridge
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Usually leftovers from the night before or a huge salad (with chicken if I have it)

A sandwich with fruit/veggies and string cheese if I'm away from home
  • Woly1
    Woly1 Posts: 16
    Options
    I think I've eaten scrambles eggs with veggies and meat for lunch every day for like two weeks, haha. Actually it's more like scrambled veggies with eggs...:) It's very filling, I recommend it.