Chicken Recipe?

Options
callen07
callen07 Posts: 21
I am making chicken tonight, but I want a new recipe then the ones I have done already. So what kinds of recipes do you guys suggest? I can go out and get the ingredients if I don't have them here, so that's not a problem. Also, I would like as few ingredients as possible, and obviously healthy :) Thanks!

Replies

• meat03man
    meat03man Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fire up a grill, take a chicken breast and cut it kind of thin. Take a meat hammer and beat it a few dozen times. Put Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust and/or Raging River rub on it heavily. Grill it for about 10 minutes. Best rubs out there best way to cook chicken as it cuts with a fork and makes a killer killer sandwich. Serve with a little bbq sauce if you like I prefer it on a sandwich thin with a slice of tomato some fresh onion, a couple of pickles and a little mustard. About a 400 calorie sandwich that tastes like 800 calories. Goes well with a side of sauteed squash and zucchini for a <500 calorie meal that is very filling.
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I make all kinds of chicken but here are my two favorites:
    3lb boneless skinless chicken breast, bottle of freds hot sauce, ranch packet - throw all in crockpot for 6 hours on high - take chicken out shredd it and put in back in to absorb sauce. I then put it on taters, eggs white omelets, salads, etc.

Same kind of chicken breasts (only use 4-6 this time), weber packet seasoning(love all of them). Pour seasoning in a bowl, add enough water to mix and then throw in chicken, smother seasoning over them, set in fridge for 20 mins. Heat up the quisinart grill and then grill them...YUMMY!!!
  • callen07
    Options
    Thanks guys! All of those sound amazing :)
  • erinlea75
    erinlea75 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite recipes right now. It's a hit with my kids too. We make it with thighs instead of drumsticks

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/07/asian-glazed-drumsticks.html
  • callen07
    Options
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I made this last night, and it was DEVOURED! Really simple and tasty...

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/chicken_with_green_olives_prunes.html

My standby chicken is to take boneless skinless breasts, season with salt, pepper and rosemary and pan-sear. It tastes SO decadent! (Even better if you make a bit of sauce with ff half and half, mushrooms and the pan remnants...)
  • DeeMcG11
    DeeMcG11 Posts: 21
    Options
    I love Salsa Chicken. It's very simple, just season your chicken with taco seasoning, poor your favourite salso over it, and bake in the oven. Near the end top it with some cheddar cheese. Sorry, not sure of the calorie count, but it can't be that high :)
  • callen07
    Options
    That salsa chicken sounds so simple! And I'm so surprised I have never thought of it myself!
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    cu tin small pieces, add large chunks of onion and bell pepper and cook in frying pan with oil and a little chili powder. serve on flour or corn tortillas with a salad and avacado
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Fire up a grill, take a chicken breast and cut it kind of thin. Take a meat hammer and beat it a few dozen times. Put Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust and/or Raging River rub on it heavily. Grill it for about 10 minutes. Best rubs out there best way to cook chicken as it cuts with a fork and makes a killer killer sandwich. Serve with a little bbq sauce if you like I prefer it on a sandwich thin with a slice of tomato some fresh onion, a couple of pickles and a little mustard. About a 400 calorie sandwich that tastes like 800 calories. Goes well with a side of sauteed squash and zucchini for a <500 calorie meal that is very filling.

man that sounds GOOD
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    chicken wraps (ceasar, ranch salad, mixed beans and salsa with cut veggies)
    enchilada
    taco, soft or hard
    shredded bbq chicken sandwiches
    chicken & pasta or tortellini (actually lower cal than you think)
    chicken stir fry
    chicken simmered with roma tomatoes, zuchini and served with rice. holy yum on this one.
    20 cals per 1/2 cup of the tomato/zuke on the del-monte brand

let me know if any of these appeal to you