Lost 1.6 pounds since yesterday...

Options
The past few days I've been eating closer to what I'm supposed to in terms of calories. Yesterday I worked out, ate 1,300 calories (I used to eat around 1,200). Got on the scale yesterday and weighed 122.2. Got on today, I weigh 120.6.
I have my lifestyle set at sedentary and I have a goal to lose half a pound a week, but I'm losing more than that, even with eating very close (usually within 100) to my daily caloric goal. Sometimes I eat exercise calories back, sometimes I don't.
I'm pretty happy with the loss, but I definitely didn't expect it at all!
Have any of you lost more weight in a week than what you have MFP set at?

Replies

• babygotback560
    babygotback560 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i use to lose 2 pounds a day when ni waas exercising... now that i'm not ( doctor told me to stop) i lose 0.6 pounds a day... as long u eat ur calories and atleast do 30 min o exercising u will lose.... keep up the good work
  • Deedles2012
    Deedles2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have lost 6 lbs in about 2 weeks. I know this will not always be the case as I am sure most is water weight. But thats ok. I'll still take it!
  • witrixie2011
    witrixie2011 Posts: 224
    Options
    Only lost 2 pounds in the last 4 months and now 3 pounds in the last 4 days. And I haven't done anything differently.

Weight comes off when it wants. Wish we could control it, but we can't. Just gotta keep plugging away.
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My weight goes up and down all the time :huh: . One week I'll have lost a few pounds, the next I've gained a half a pound. I've noticed that the day after I do weight training I seem to gain a half pound or so, but if I just stick to cardio, I tend to be down.

As far as calories go, I generally try to come in under my calorie goal on MFP. I rarely eat the exercise calories, as mine are huge, but I still lose weight so..... Congrats on the loss! :drinker:
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I set MFP to lose 1 pound per week and for my first 4 weeks I lost almost 2 pounds per week (sometimes a pound in a day). Then it stopped and now I'm stuck at 124 :cry:
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30lbs in about 27 weeks (I think) and I have mine set to loose a pound a week, so I am loosing a little bit more per week.

However, I am guessing you didn't actually loose 1.6 pounds in a day, it's not really possible. However, you probably lost some water weight within the past few days. Looking at your diary, I see that a few days ago you were pretty high in sodium and the past few days you haven't been, so that's probably where the loss came from.

Regardless, great job of your weight loss so far and keep at it!
  • ErB56
    ErB56 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You didn't really lose it. I think I found it when I got on the scale this morning. :grumble: Not what I was expecting. I actually did better than average yesterday. I got in a decent workout and had all of the nutrition categories in green, particularly sodium. I have always wondered if there was a metabolism time lag. If I had the capability to have a 3,500 calorie deficit in one day, in theory I should lose one pound if everything else stayed at maintenance levels. But how long will it take to drop the pound? Overnight? Two days? A week? I have not been able to find any answers on this or the reverse, if you consumed 3,500 calories over the maintenance values, how long will it take for your body to create a pound of fat?

Anybody?
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    When I started I was losing 3 or 4 pounds a week, but now that I'm well into my 7th month it depends...some weeks I lose nothing, some weeks I will lose 1.5 pounds..for some reason last week I gained 2 pounds...and was under my calorie goal the entire time.... :ohwell: I'm trying not to let it get to me, but it's very annoying to see the scale go in the wrong direction....:noway:
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You didn't really lose it. I think I found it when I got on the scale this morning. :grumble: Not what I was expecting. I actually did better than average yesterday. I got in a decent workout and had all of the nutrition categories in green, particularly sodium. I have always wondered if there was a metabolism time lag. If I had the capability to have a 3,500 calorie deficit in one day, in theory I should lose one pound if everything else stayed at maintenance levels. But how long will it take to drop the pound? Overnight? Two days? A week? I have not been able to find any answers on this or the reverse, if you consumed 3,500 calories over the maintenance values, how long will it take for your body to create a pound of fat?

Anybody?

I'd like to know this too!
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    When I started I was losing 3 or 4 pounds a week, but now that I'm well into my 7th month it depends...some weeks I lose nothing, some weeks I will lose 1.5 pounds..for some reason last week I gained 2 pounds...and was under my calorie goal the entire time.... :ohwell: I'm trying not to let it get to me, but it's very annoying to see the scale go in the wrong direction....:noway:

Yeah :/ I hit a plateau for a few months before the weight started coming back off. I'm also 7 months in. Some weeks I lose like 6 ounces, some weeks I lose a pound or two.
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Yeah :/ I hit a plateau for a few months before the weight started coming back off. I'm also 7 months in. Some weeks I lose like 6 ounces, some weeks I lose a pound or two.

I think I see the most success when I drink more water....so I'm shooting to exceed my water intake goal everyday this week....I'm a slow drinker for some reason, and it takes me ALL DAY to get the 8 cups down... :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!