Need a core strength printable plan

Options
So far all I have been doing is running. I know I need to start working on my strength training soon. But I don't know where to start! I also don't have access to a gym until the end of August so I need a plan that doesn't require any equipment. Can anyone show me a plan that I can print out and take with me outside?

BTW, NO APPS. I don't have anything to put apps on. I have a cell phone but no internet on it. I also want to be doing these outside so I can't buy a DVD and bring out my laptop, the battery life on it doesn't last long enough.

Looking for something that is FREE

Replies

• ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    NIKE has a free APP with lots of workouts to choose from.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I have the 30 Day Shred DVD from Jillian Michaels, and that combines strength training/cardio/abs... so some kind of DVD may work out well for you too. It does require some free weights, though (I usually use 5 lb weights.. not too much of a financial investment, at least).

I am staying tuned to see if anyone else has any suggestions! Thanks for posting.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have several FitDecks

http://www.amazon.com/FitDeck-Core-Blast/dp/B002XPEVLO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343753820&sr=8-1&keywords=core+exercise+deck

I have the core Blast, bodyweight, stretch, speed and agility, and pylometrics. i shuffle each deck good and pick 6 cards from each deck to use when i workout at home (i manually place stretching at the end). I run each combined deck at least 2 times.
  • GypsyWillow22
    GypsyWillow22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything I can put apps on (can't afford it), and I also can't afford buying DVD's. Remember I'm looking to have this plan OUTSIDE with me so I can't bring my laptop or tv out there.
  • porrasc
    porrasc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to google workouts that you can do outside that help your core. I know squats don't focus on your core but they can be done anywhere. You can do different plank variations, leg lefts with rotation, jumping jacks, etc.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    also just google core workouts and you will find many resources you can build on. spark people has a huge list of exercises you can do without equipment and print out. piece one together yourself in a word document.
  • Mochila09
    Mochila09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You can also google core or ab exercises and then click on images. There are some basic charts that might be useful.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to google workouts that you can do outside that help your core. I know squats don't focus on your core but they can be done anywhere. You can do different plank variations, leg lefts with rotation, jumping jacks, etc.

yes they do. your core is a very crucial component in the squat