Sherlock Holmes BBC

Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
Anybody see this series? What do you think of it? It's the one with Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch.
I am a huge sherlock holmes fan and just found these. I absolutely love them and the new spin they put on the old stories. The casting was also excellent. Can't wait to get season 3.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Netflix streaming has some of these episodes - fun & quirky - like'em
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I read the complete works last year and I have seen the show and I don't like it very much. Honestly, I loved the novels and stories but I have yet to see a movie or TV show that kept my attention very well or that I enjoyed.
  • I absolutely love it! and find myself becoming more and more strangely attractive to Mr Cumberbatch!! :D
  • ****** Attracted!!! hahaha!!!
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    One of my favorite shows in a long time, I love Cumberbatch's take on it! I hope the CBS series coming out is somewhat as good, but I won't hold my breath.

One thing I can say for the Brits, they make pretty enjoyable TV. I find myself watching what I can off of Netflix for British TV. Although I must say I enjoyed the American version of Being Human more.
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 318 Member
    I've read tons of the stories and LOVE the movies but I haven't watched the series... adding to my queue!
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    I absolutely love this series! The super short seasons could be a little longer, but I totally love this twist on the Sherlock story. It's so clever and fresh.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Love it!!
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    I loved it!
  • Anthemyst
    Anthemyst Posts: 5 Member
    Great show, but I hear Season 3 won't be out for a while since both Cumberbach and Freeman are tied up working on The Hobbit.
  • rml_16
    ****** Attracted!!! hahaha!!!

I bet you wish it was the first thing you said, though. ;-)
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 406 Member
    One of my absolute favorite shows. The end of season two had me so emotionally invested that I wasn't sure what to do with myself for the rest of the day. Can't wait for season 3, even though it'll be aaaages.
  • rml_16
    One thing I can say for the Brits, they make pretty enjoyable TV. I find myself watching what I can off of Netflix for British TV. Although I must say I enjoyed the American version of Being Human more.

Does your local PBS station run the British sitcoms? We have them from 7-11:30 on Saturday nights and then a few through the week. I can't get enough of them.

If you haven't found it yet, look up Father Ted on Netflix. Hi-larious.
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Yes!! Love them! Can't wait to see the next season!
  • ****** Attracted!!! hahaha!!!

I bet you wish it was the first thing you said, though. ;-)

Damn straight!! haha x
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,262 Member
    It's quality stuff isn't it? An American production company wanted to nab the format for themselves but the writers were too busy and didn't like their plans so said no. The US company instead made 'Elementary' which supposedly has a character called Sherlock Holmes in it but not much else to connect it with Conan Doyle's original premise.

As to a third series, it hasn't been made yet and there will be a wait. Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss are busy with Dr Who, Martin Freeman is filimng The Hobbit in NZ, and Benedict Cucumber is filming for the next Star Trek film, in which he's the principle villain.

In the meantime, check out Steven Moffat's version of the Jekyll and Hide story simply called 'Jekyll', and stars an Irish actor, James Nesbitt. It's a cracker
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I have yet to see a Sherlock Holmes adaptation I didn't enjoy. I particularly like this one.

Is it just me or does Cumberbatch's voice sound a lot like Alan Rickman - or specifically Snape?
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    I've got the show queued on my Netflix, but never get time to watch it. I may start watching it on my Kindle at night while the hubby watches espn.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292

Does your local PBS station run the British sitcoms? We have them from 7-11:30 on Saturday nights and then a few through the week. I can't get enough of them.

If you haven't found it yet, look up Father Ted on Netflix. Hi-larious.

I love Father Ted. I've also watched blackadder, it crowd, coupling, young ones, absolutely fab, and some more. I love the British humor.

I'll check out my PBS to see what's on, thanks for the tip!!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    It's quality stuff isn't it? An American production company wanted to nab the format for themselves but the writers were too busy and didn't like their plans so said no. The US company instead made 'Elementary' which supposedly has a character called Sherlock Holmes in it but not much else to connect it with Conan Doyle's original premise.
    I saw a preview for that. Lucy Liu as Watson. Looks awful.