Flabby arms success stories???

Options
Anyone that had flabby double fat on arms??? If so, how did you do it to tone and sculpt?

Replies

• LeslieSJR
    LeslieSJR Posts: 64
    Options
    This one is a tough one for me too! I'm currently going with a plan of losing weight/fat first, then toning up.
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    weight lifting while attmepting to lose weight will actually help you attain your goals much faster
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Once you get down to a size 10, everything falls in place, and then light toning firms it up.
  • ReadySara
    ReadySara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Girl, when you find the answer, let me know too :laugh:
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Would love an answer for these wings :ohwell:
  • RiseAndConverge
    RiseAndConverge Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm not even close to where I want to be, but, by doing lots of pushups, I've started to see a difference in my arms.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    You honestly can't "spot-reduce," but anything that works your triceps will help. Triceps extensions, kickbacks, different types of pushups will all help.

ETA: Just like most other areas, though, as you lose and work out, things will begin to tone up.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My arms have gotten much better and even getting a little definition. Cardio and free weights is doing it for me!
  • asasser2002
    Options
    Want to borrow my 25 lb, 9 month old baby boy? HEHE :laugh:
  • MissKTMc
    MissKTMc Posts: 49
    Options
    Weights, push ups, swimming. Any resistance exercise that involves the arms, particularly triceps (back of the upper arm) as this is the common place for fat storage, i.e bingo wings.

Also, don't just try and lose weight first and tone later. Toning as you lose will also help prevent loose skin and help you attain your goals quicker.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    weights and dips!!! dips and more dips !!! :happy:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Once you get down to a size 10, everything falls in place, and then light toning firms it up.

^^^^ lol that's kind of a broad all encompassing statement. And certainly not accurate. I'm a size 10 and my arms are still flapping in the wind. And 'light toning' is an outdated idea.

Strength training ladies!! And not with itty bitty 2 pounders!
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    This is my BIGGEST problem!!! My arms are so gross I have chicken wings!
  • cvance3
    cvance3 Posts: 64
    Options
    I want to know as well!!! I am a Size 10 and still have these beefy arms!

I've been working on weight training and have slowly started increasing weights, so hopefully that'll help? I've got a nice little circuit of lat pull-downs, incline presses, tricep dips, bicep curls, and a few others that I'm blanking on.

What's everyone else doing to try and tone up?
  • JudySwims
    JudySwims Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Swimmmmmmm....
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Girl, when you find the answer, let me know too :laugh:
    lol. me too!
  • esneer1
    esneer1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

hahaha.... really?!!! That's quite the statement! I'm a size 4 and still have fat arms. Just started lifting last week and although I can't see a difference yet, I feel incredible and know it will work. Everyone's body is different. One person may look amazing in a size 10. Me, personally, I look horribly obese a size 10.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options

hahaha.... really?!!! That's quite the statement! I'm a size 4 and still have fat arms. Just started lifting last week and although I can't see a difference yet, I feel incredible and know it will work. Everyone's body is different. One person may look amazing in a size 10. Me, personally, I look horribly obese a size 10.

Maybe they meant UK size 10?? :ohwell: that's quite small!
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Swimming has done more to tone my arms and shoulders than anything else I've tried.
  • byrnette
    byrnette Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Jillian Anderson DVDs - 30 day shred and ripped in 30. every day. canged my arms, my whole body in about 6 months time. still working on my thunder thighs - but my abs and arms make me pretty happy. you can't have it all i guess.

and just weight loss overall in general

good luck
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!