Hello, my name is Lori

azreddun
azreddun Posts: 2 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I just got an IPOD touch and downloaded this application on Christmas day. I absolutely love it!! I have used other apps before (spark people, weight watchers,etc) but this one is so fast and easy and free.

I have been working on my weight loss for many years. At my heaviest weight, I was up to 237, that I'm aware of, I may have been higher number, in the 240s, but tried to stop paying attention during the time I was heaviest. That was about 6 years ago, and I was absolutely miserable. I was depressed and stressed, I hated my job, I hated myself for how I'd fallen apart, I hated everything, but I felt so stuck and unable to make a change. Food was my comfort and my tool for managing my life and emotions.

I am married with one child who will be 17 soon. I needed to make a drastic life change and convinced my family to move out into the country, away from the stressors and life style that were making me fat and miserable. I stopped working in the job field that I had worked so hard to succeed in, because it was not helping me to be a success in the rest of my life. I began to focus on minimizing my stress and increasing my exercise. Living away from all the restaurants and fast food also helped. I couldn't be bothered to get in the car and drive 20 minutes away to go through the dairy queen drive through. And if I didn't have the food in the house, I couldn't be bothered to drive to the grocery store. So, I started to make do with what was on hand, and would snack more on popcorn and whole wheat bread, instead of potato chips, cookies and donuts.

I have owned horses for years and enjoy horsebackriding. At my heaviest, I felt very guilty for riding my horse because I felt like my weight way too much for the horses. This is not necessarily true, but I do know that I ride better when I'm not heavy. Just the horses and the move into the country helped my to lose weight and I got down to 214 pounds in the first 2 years of living in the country and changing my work habits.

2 years ago, I started personal training 2 days a week. It absolutely cost a bomb. It was the only way I could keep my exercise on track. Through that first year, I would not have been successful if I did not have a standing appointment with the trainer that I had already paid for. Every session, for the first 8+ months was an effort for my psychologically. I did not want to go and I would self-sabotague, relentlessly. Anyway, I have a story to tell, so I think I'm going to start blogging, least this intro go on forever! I will post under Azreddun, starting later today, I will write the rest of my story. Hope to meet you and share tales. Lori:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Hi Lori,
    I'm new too and haven't introduced myself yet but I wanted to reply to your post as you are a fellow Arizonan and horseman.
    I'm from Tucson but now living in CO bit homesick too, I might add. Anyway, I'm excited about this website and have been enjoying it's benefits for all of 3 days now. I don't have a whole lot too lose, but i too want to be a fitter rider. I want to get better at dressage and it takes a lot of stength. I don't need to be packing extra weight on my horses either. You are already on the right track and w/ the help and tools here, I'm sure you can reach your goal. I know your horses, like mine , will be happy we did it !
    Kind Regards,
    Lynn
  • pyckse
    pyckse Posts: 84
    Welcome to a great site!! you will find so much support and information here!! Glad you found MFP!!!:flowerforyou:
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Hi!! I do barrels and I hate being heavier- it really makes it tough to condition and get your horses in thier best shape when you arent- no one should be breathing hard after posting a trot LOL!!!
    Welcome!
This discussion has been closed.