Jeans getting TIGHTER!

Options
Last year they were too loose...now they're getting too tight. Help! I don't know where to find my motivation anymore.

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Last year they were too loose...now they're getting too tight. Help! I don't know where to find my motivation anymore.

You have it right in front of you! Your jeans are tighter.. Make them not so tight!! You can do it.
  • LelaYang
    LelaYang Posts: 43
    Options
    Aghhh! So much easier said than done. Must not resort to leggings or all else will fail. Lol.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    that was my motivation. i had went up a size and when they started getting tight i decided to make a change. glad i did cause now i can wear pants that i bought in high school.
  • LolaVersion2
    LolaVersion2 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Wear those jeans as often as possible... like every day. I'm serious. It will remind you what you're working for and when they start fitting looser each day, you'll become even more motivated as you see those results.
  • LelaYang
    Options
    that was my motivation. i had went up a size and when they started getting tight i decided to make a change. glad i did cause now i can wear pants that i bought in high school.

Awesome! Good job!
  • LelaYang
    Options
    Wear those jeans as often as possible... like every day. I'm serious. It will remind you what you're working for and when they start fitting looser each day, you'll become even more motivated as you see those results.

What a great idea! Will do, thanks for the tip :)
  • kattylea
    kattylea Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey there! What I've noticed when I feel like I'm struggling to find motivation is that motivation bought from vanity wears thin within a week... I'm just not, fundamentally a vain person! I don't think most people actually are!

There are a TON of other benefits to an active lifestyle and self-discipline in nutrition: Emotional stability. Health in old age. Better disposition and optimistic outlook. Opportunity to practice patience and perseverance. Maybe you will find an opportunity to build on your spiritual goals, if you're a spiritual person, through the act of exercise and moderation in food. Or maybe, set a goal (a race, a new squatting weight, a yoga pose you currently find impossible) and then MEET IT. You'll be rewarded with the PRIDE of accomplishing a goal. Maybe it's monetary: For every $___ you don't spend on eating out, you save for a trip.

These are all more subtle forms of motivation but they pack a real punch! Really! Truly!

All the best :)
  • Rambo313
    Rambo313 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    When I had realized my fat jeans were too tight, it was either I have excuses to buy new bigger ones or work hard and have results. I just the harder route. Now I fit into sizes that I can't even remember buying!

weddingpic.jpg

weddingpic2.jpg

NSSPLITPIC.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-2.jpg

flexphoto1.jpg

flexphoto-3.jpg
  • LelaYang
    Options
    Hey there! What I've noticed when I feel like I'm struggling to find motivation is that motivation bought from vanity wears thin within a week... I'm just not, fundamentally a vain person! I don't think most people actually are!

There are a TON of other benefits to an active lifestyle and self-discipline in nutrition: Emotional stability. Health in old age. Better disposition and optimistic outlook. Opportunity to practice patience and perseverance. Maybe you will find an opportunity to build on your spiritual goals, if you're a spiritual person, through the act of exercise and moderation in food. Or maybe, set a goal (a race, a new squatting weight, a yoga pose you currently find impossible) and then MEET IT. You'll be rewarded with the PRIDE of accomplishing a goal. Maybe it's monetary: For every $___ you don't spend on eating out, you save for a trip.

These are all more subtle forms of motivation but they pack a real punch! Really! Truly!

All the best :)

Yes, I recently ran a half marathon in May and am signed up for another in September...I just need to get back in the "zone". Thanks for all the tips! Much appreciated!!
  • LelaYang
    Options
    When I had realized my fat jeans were too tight, it was either I have excuses to buy new bigger ones or work hard and have results. I just the harder route. Now I fit into sizes that I can't even remember buying!

weddingpic.jpg

weddingpic2.jpg

NSSPLITPIC.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-2.jpg

flexphoto1.jpg

flexphoto-3.jpg

Holy man! You look awesome! Alright, I can do this!!!
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    ^Agreed! You are a true inspiration.