Hating my NSVs these days. Appreciate some help

Options
CoderGal
CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
I know I shouldn't be complaining about this but it's getting on my nerves! And I figure if I vent maybe I'll get some advice

It's impossible for me to get a bra:
I sized myself about a month ago and measured out a 28DD. I was like 28? No way in hell. Did I mention I'm tall? So I went to 2 bra stores and didn't say anything, had them measure me and both stores told me the same size. I need a strapless bra. It's not happening. Actually, I need any bra. I've been creeping around the internet and local shops for a month in desperate need of some boob supports. I find a rare one online but have no concept of if it's any good or not. I'd really appreciate a good sports bra right now that isn't one of those bitty teenage lycra like material huggers that I have 3 of right now and hate.

It's impossible for me to get pants:
I'm 5'7, and I have a 24 inch waist...First that sounds scary right. Holy cow you must weigh nothing. But then there's the fact my butt hasn't moved an inch since 31 lbs ago? It's still 36 inches. So from my waist to a few inchs down to my butt my jeans need to increase over 12 inches to be bar tight in the bum. If anyone can tell me where to get a pair of jeans that aren't flood pants due to my height, aren't suppose-to-be-tight-pants-but-look-like-skaters-pants cause I need to go up a few sizes, can actually fit my thighs into them skinny jeans (really, they're not that big), won't cut into my front because they assume I'm a stick, and don't give me plummers crack in the back, I'll love you forever. For my butt to fit I usually need a size 7-9. For my waist to fit I usually need a 3-5. Don't give me "oh you're so thin you'll look good in anything". I will beat you. You obviously haven't seen the flood skater pants look where you can't sit down. I'm very into my spandex right now. I've actually been ridiculed for it. "Why are you wearing them, you're not at the gym". I've also seen some threads around like the lulu thread here. I'm not a lulu snob, I just can't find jeans or pants.

It's impossible to get shirts:
Back to the 5'7 thing. Shirts usually don't meet my pants here. Anyone have any good sites to go to to get fitted tops for taller people? I either get the you're wearing a kids shirt look or a you're wearing a fitted shirt that looks like a moomoo

I can find all kinds of cutest dt short dresses you'll ever see:
'cause the long ones are to short. And a dt dress on a 5'4 girl looks cute. On a 5'7 girl well...I remember in highschool I had a skort that everyone called me a slut for. My 5 foot friend got complimented when she wore the same one! Did I mention I don't like low cut tops or things that make me paranoid because I'm tall enough for kids to look up my skirt when they walk by? This leaves me with the bar tight short dresses. Got the one that's in one of my profile pics and I've had a tremendous amount of flack for being a slut for wearing it.

So basically my NSVs are:
a small frame top half and a large frame bottom half
and a chest of a teenage school boy.
plummers crack vs cant bend to sit down and if I do I get painful artificial stomach rolls from digging in
sexy flood skater pants look
moomoo shirt vs giant in kids shirt
Slut
Win?

Help: Where do I buy 28DD bras
Where do I buy flattering tops for someone with a small waist and big hips who is tall? I find I'm a xs/s in the waist but need a large for length many times.
Where do I buy long pants that fit in the legs and waist that don't give me plummers crack or dig in to my stomach?
Where do I buy long dresses?

Replies

• LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Where are you currently getting jeans?! I'm 5'6" and I find that the regular length GAP jeans are a little long on me. I've got a 25" waist and 36" @$$, and all but one style there fit me and looked pretty damn good when I went a couple of weeks ago.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I do not have any answers, but I have sympathy. I believe everything you say. I'm that little 5'3" person you hate, my struggle is finding button down shirts that have enough room for my shoulders and biceps that still fit my chest and 27 inch waste so it doesn't look like I'm playing dress up.

Have you though about getting clothes altered, or altering them yourself?
  • MissKTMc
    MissKTMc Posts: 49
    Options
    I have very similar problems! I have a tiny chest 34C for my 5'11" frame. Also I have really muscular thighs (and they are genuinely muscular not just fat) so I have to get jeans 3 sizes bigger to be tight on my *kitten* and legs but then end up with loads of spare material at the waist band!! So frustrating! Have resorted to wearing long tops and leggings but need new jeans!! Grr!!
  • reesa722
    reesa722 Posts: 76
    Options
    Check Alloy.com - They have lots of longer stuff (up to 37" inseam - which is my size at 6'3") and they have a large range of sizes 1-25...
  • mojo1115
    mojo1115 Posts: 21
    Options
    Long Tall Sally is a great place for tall peeps. I don't know what to tell you about your boobs. As my weight shrinks, so do the girls
    =(
    www.longtallsally.com
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately we are not all "off the rack" people. Sounds to me like you need to find a good tailor!
  • _ylime_
    _ylime_ Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    http://www.barenecessities.com/

Great bras and swimsuits (haven't tried anything else from them) ... I am a 32E... that is a hard one to find as well... :flowerforyou:
  • n8na
    n8na Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm also having trouble finding a bra in my size (Very slim chest measurement). I went to several stores but they didn't have any in my size. But today I found an internet shop and ordered some bras. Hope they will fit. It's a german site though so it probably won't help you :(
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    In terms of the sports bra issues, I use the Enell sports bras and they are AMAZING! My boobs don't move nearly as much as they would with doubling plain hanes sportsbras and all that stuff. I highly recommend them! Get on their website and you can find places that will sell them (some of them are running stores). Good luck!
  • Chrissymmartin
    Chrissymmartin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize with the jeans problem. I have a 33 waist and a 40 butt... I've been able to find jeans at Deb that are made for girls with big butts and small waists... They help so much with the plumber crack problem and have a little stretch to them for my also ":thicker" thighs...

Hope things get better!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Either have your clothes altered, or learn to sew.
  • newmrswood
    newmrswood Posts: 194
    Options
    I have the same bust as you! I shop on barenecessities.com for bras and I have not been let down since. I have an AMAZING sports bra I got from there but I don't remember what the brand is. You will find that shopping for your specific chest can get a little pricey, but for the right fitting bra and comfort it's 100% worth it!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Try these:
    Enell, Moving Comfort, Athleta, and Shock Absorbers- try Amazon since you know your size:flowerforyou:
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Thank you acdchica. Right now I love silver jeans 'cause I find there's a few styles that don't hang off at the back. The rare bluenote jeans will fit me also. I use to have wicked jeans and I still have them but I was smaller then I am now...Then I'll have a bigger bra problem lol. I use to hate GAP jeans because of it but to be honest I haven't stepped foot in there for about 5 years so that could have changed. Thanks, I'll check it out

rmhand: Get out of this thread, *points* now! I do hate you haha. This sounds like the most unhelpfull advice ever but seriously try it out: Have you ever checked the kids section? Keep an eye on it constantly. I know that sounds the opposite of dress up but I've seriously found and own some XL kids tshirts that fit me in length much better then the adult clothes. It's like manufactures haven't figured out kids sizes yet. I even found them to big in the chest for me. I don't have muscular arms but I have broad shoulders to begin with and I carry more fat in my upper arms then most people my size and feel you on the tight in the shoulders and sometimes find arm holes pretty small depending. I'm sure you'd find a button down shirt there because I've seen a couple cute ones, but they were to short for me. I usually see them in Winners and Zellers.
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Levi's Curve ID jeans are the best.

I absolutely love them!

Why I like em:
    I've got a big butt and a small waist so I wear the Supreme Curve. They work great for me because they're longer in the back and keep me from showing my goods and I don't have to worry about those annoying pockets in the back. Plus, they've got a plethora of inseams to choose from so whether you're short (like me) or tall (like you) they've got ya covered.

Find your Curve ID here: http://us.levi.com/quiz/index.jsp
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Try these:
    Enell, Moving Comfort, Athleta, and Shock Absorbers- try Amazon since you know your size:flowerforyou:
    ^I seriously got to try on the smallest size in every one of these except Athleta at Winners and Running room. Some of them in different styles. A lot of them don't go as low as my size. DD is big if you're say 34 around but 28DD is the equivalent of an a in a lot of sizes so everything fits me wrong. 28DD in sports bras are usually baggy in the chest and tight in the band. Thank you though, I'll have to try to find the athleta. So far I found the most comfortable best fit and most support is Champion (I've found 2 styles, the rest don't fit at all), but the smallest size is to big in the cup.

Also tried nike, lulu, under armor, sportstek...etc...
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have never met anyone in my life with a 28" bust, not even in middle school. I didn't even know they made such a size! Are there any stores that do customer sizing?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Have you though about getting clothes altered, or altering them yourself?

This ^^ I learned to alter my own clothes right out of high school because I've always had a small waist in comparison to my bum. Shirts were never a problem for me, but I've bought very few pants off the rack that I didn't have to alter to make them flattering.
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Old Navy likes to make pants for giants. I mean tall people :P I'm 5'3" Lol.. I love their pants but good gracious they run long.
    Lane & Bryant - it's NOT just a fat people store. They make clothes for Tall people too. In fact, they're clothing style has changed drastically and it looks really good. Sometimes I really want to go buy stuff but.. i'm not quite meant for their clothes.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    rmhand: Get out of this thread, *points* now! I do hate you haha. This sounds like the most unhelpfull advice ever but seriously try it out: Have you ever checked the kids section? Keep an eye on it constantly. I know that sounds the opposite of dress up but I've seriously found and own some XL kids tshirts that fit me in length much better then the adult clothes. It's like manufactures haven't figured out kids sizes yet. I even found them to big in the chest for me. I don't have muscular arms but I have broad shoulders to begin with and I carry more fat in my upper arms then most people my size and feel you on the tight in the shoulders and sometimes find arm holes pretty small depending. I'm sure you'd find a button down shirt there because I've seen a couple cute ones, but they were to short for me. I usually see them in Winners and Zellers.

Thanks for the suggestion. I used to check out the kids section but I find things too "boxey". I weary a 32D bra, and have a small very high waist and I love to show off my curves. I think my option will be to buy a larger shirt to accommodate for my shoulders and big guns and take in the side seams to look appropriate on my bust and show my small waste.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!