Flabby arms success stories???

Options
2»

Replies

• esneer1
    esneer1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Once you get down to a size 10, everything falls in place, and then light toning firms it up.

hahaha.... really?!!! That's quite the statement! I'm a size 4 and still have fat arms. Just started lifting last week and although I can't see a difference yet, I feel incredible and know it will work. Everyone's body is different. One person may look amazing in a size 10. Me, personally, I look horribly obese a size 10.

Maybe they meant UK size 10?? :ohwell: that's quite small!

Either way.... unless you lift weights you aren't going to tone your arms. Things dont just fall into place when you reach a certain size.
  • esneer1
    Options
    Once you get down to a size 10, everything falls in place, and then light toning firms it up.

hahaha.... really?!!! That's quite the statement! I'm a size 4 and still have fat arms. Just started lifting last week and although I can't see a difference yet, I feel incredible and know it will work. Everyone's body is different. One person may look amazing in a size 10. Me, personally, I look horribly obese a size 10.

Maybe they meant UK size 10?? :ohwell: that's quite small!

Either way.... unless you lift weights you aren't going to tone your arms. Things dont just fall into place when you reach a certain size.

Of course other strength training, not only weights, will work as well.
  • preciouss1983
    preciouss1983 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yea I was planning to lose the weight first then tone but I am scared that I will have way too much lose skin.
  • preciouss1983
    Options
    I hate it cause I always have to wear long sleeve. And then I have those arms that have that double flab lol
  • preciouss1983
    Options
    The bad thing is I can't do pushups!!! Never have been able to even when I was in my younger days.
  • preciouss1983
    Options
    :laugh:
  • preciouss1983
    Options
    :smile
  • preciouss1983
    Options
    Same here. Mine have that double skin!! I hate my arms
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The dreaded bat-wings (or built-in floaties, as I sometimes call them) are one of my trouble spots as well.

I've noticed that keeping at it with weights that target your triceps has been helping. They are definitely less...ham-hockey now. ^_^;;;

It's just going to be an exercise in patience, burning the fat away - since spot-reducing is a myth. The burn will eventually start attacking the your trouble spots once they can't attack anything else. :)
  • wingsoffire
    Options
    I did (and still do) push ups, pull ups, dead lifts, barbell curls, and triceps pull downs. I have recently had to slow down on my weights. But my advise would be incorporate strength training while you lose the weight. It will be much better when you get to your goal.
  • esneer1
    Options
    The bad thing is I can't do pushups!!! Never have been able to even when I was in my younger days.

I started doing push ups a few months ago. At first, I could only do a few (girly style) and worked my way up. I could barely do 2 real push ups! Now I can do 15 real push ups. I do a few sets of 15 a day. I too have been hiding under long sleeves or cardigans for years. Enough is enough! Even when I was my thinnest years ago, I always hated my arms. I'm finally ready to do something about it. I've been doing push ups every day for months and just started adding daily tricep chair dips about a month ago. I started lifting weighs(15 lbs) too recently. Im ready to have nice sexy arms. Hopefully I can post my nice after pictures in a few months!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

So start with what you CAN do. Do them on your knees. As many as you can. When I started 30 Day Shred back in early April, I couldn't do TEN standard pushups. This morning I did 25 in one set and 18 in the next. You will get there, but if you don't do it, you won't develop endurance.

People are giving you lots of tips, but you're the one, in the end, who has to implement them into your workout/life.
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Since I've started doing more strength training after my cardio (for about 3-4 weeks now), I have noticed a slight difference in my triceps area...doesn't jiggle AS much. Hopefully they'll keep firming up as I lose more weight...it sucks that I sometimes have to wear L/XL shirts just because my upper arms are too thick for a M. :/

I do whatever triceps machines are at the gym. I got free weights at home, but I feel more successful with the machines since they help me with my form as well.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Jillian Anderson DVDs - 30 day shred and ripped in 30. every day. canged my arms, my whole body in about 6 months time. still working on my thunder thighs - but my abs and arms make me pretty happy. you can't have it all i guess.

and just weight loss overall in general

good luck

Isn't her name Jillian Michaels?
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Jillian Anderson DVDs - 30 day shred and ripped in 30. every day. canged my arms, my whole body in about 6 months time. still working on my thunder thighs - but my abs and arms make me pretty happy. you can't have it all i guess.

and just weight loss overall in general

good luck

Isn't her name Jillian Michaels?
    Yes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!