almond milk

Options
Right mfpals I jus baught almond milk as some ppl suggested it for my porridge meals insted of semi skimmed...coz I'm fasting I haven't tasted it yet..Soo what does it taste like???... Also Cn I use it in tea and other cereals??

Replies

• ellybeann
    ellybeann Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use vanilla sweet almond milk in granola cereal and with my whey, I think its delicious. The unsweet has fewer calories, when i get unsweet I add splenda but its just not as good.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I use it in tea and coffee. I also made my avocado pudding with it. I am not sure how to explain the flavor though.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I think its delicious! I get the unsweetened coconut almond milk. I eat it with my cereal. I don't drink coffee at home but I think it would be really good with it.
  • magee2020
    magee2020 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk, I buy Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla - I love it in my cereal and coffee. It definitely has an almond flavor but I don't mind that. I have friends that are turned off by the almond taste.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I didnt care for the almond milk. It seemed thinner in consistency/texture--almost watery. I thought it was horrible in my coffee and even worse in cereal. I didnt try it in oatmeal but I could actually see it working in oatmeal since I usually make mine with water anyway.

I hated whole milk my entire life and only drink skim milk . So do to the fact that I don't think skim milk is thin and watery says alot about my opnion on almond milk.
  • Nu_Journee
    Nu_Journee Posts: 29
    Options
    I use it in my oatmeal and smoothies. I know others who use it in their cereals. Some people may not like it because it's thin but I personally don't like thick milk (whole milk eck!). I am a skim milk user regularly so the thinnest doesn't bother me.
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work with sugar fee instant puddings, low fat cream based soup and such. It the only milk I will buy and yes it works great in oatmeals and cereal
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk. It tastes like... well it tastes like almond milk. You'll just have to taste it for yourself. Every time there is an almond milk thread opinions seem to be pretty split between "I hate almond milk" and "I love almond milk".

Edit: I used it in sugar-free puddings and it worked just fine?
  • DMZH78
    DMZH78 Posts: 42
    Options
    I use Vanilla and the Dark Chocolate almond milk in EVERYTHING! I also use Coconut and Soy. I use plain unsweetened in my smoothies :-) I really don't drink or use cow milk anymore.
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I use the Almond Breeze unsweetened, I am a big tea with milk drinker and for me to switch there had to be no noticeable difference in taste. I like the shelf stable not the refrigerated kind, which I think has a stronger almond taste. Try it though.. noone can say if you'll life it, excpet you.
  • Scorpiofun
    Options
    I love it. It is excellent in smoothies, but I even like it in my cereal too. :happy:
  • sana66
    sana66 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank,u, guys! Can't wait to taste it..will try it with my porridge for breakfast.. :)
  • kmb7923
    kmb7923 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use the Unsweetened Almond Milk and love it. I just wish it was white, the color of it sort of turns me off.