Hey there, Hi there, Ho there!

alb75
alb75 Posts: 5
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi Everyone,
I'm April and just thought I would drop a line to introduce myself to the community. I am in the blood, sweat and tears portion of wieght loss. I have lost a total of 200 pounds since i first started my weight loss journey back in 2001 and have managed to keep it off to date. It is hard enough to lose weight but even harder to keep it off. It is a daily struggle and anyone who has lost weight knows this. I lost my weight the old fashioned way. No surgeries(not knocking them, some need them, it is hard to lose weight with our without them), just dicipline and determination. I have explained to people that eating is the hardest addiction you have to kick because it is one you have to learn to live with and control each day. We have to eat to live. That is where my mentality changed. I started eating to live, instead of living to eat. I was heading down a path of destruction and setting my family up for failure in the process. I am a very active individual and always have my hands in something. Now it is time to lose these last pesky pounds. (I had a complete scooby-doo moment there!) I am a transplant to Columbus, originally from the Kentucky/Tennessee region. I am looking for new friends I can hang out with in person and online. People who are like minded. Welp, that's about it. I am going to blow this popsicle stand but if anyone reads this and wants to hit me up, feel free to do so. That is why we have a community, right? Alright.....done rambling now........kthanx.

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Welcome and congrats on the 200 pound lost:flowerforyou:
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    OMG that is amazing!!
    welcome, and good luck :happy:
  • alb75
    Thank you so much! I am liking this site already. Did you have another post looking for weight loss info? If so, did you find what you are looking for?
  • alb75
    22 pounds lost for you so far! That is awesome. I can't wait to star seeing big numbers again.....okay.....that came out wrong....I mean big weight loss numbers again. Keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.