Same Vacation - 1 Year and 30lbs. Later (Pics)

Options
veerichie
veerichie Posts: 214 Member
First picture I got back from my soon-to-be mother in-law after a vacation to Moline, Illinois. I remember seeing this picture for the first time and thinking "I didn't know I was THAT heavy". This exact picture was one thing that jump started my weight loss journey and I've been using it as a "before" picture. I remember the day this was taken I actually felt skinny and was sucking my gut in (like I usually did). I started a weight loss program in August of 2011, a month after this picture was taken. I switched to MFP in June 2012. I'm 5'4" and 26 years old.

Second picture was taken in Moline, Illinois almost exactly a year later. The biggest difference for me is I'm not mortified to see pictures of myself anymore! Nobody has seen the first picture, the second picture I posted on Facebook :) My stomach was even a little bit bloated in this picture from eating junk food, but I still feel confident.

July 2011 at 189+ pounds
before.jpg

July 2012 at 159 pounds
531464_10150958272453848_1984051238_n.jpg

I still have a long, long way to go but it feels good to see the changes in pictures :)

And for anyone who is just starting out I would tell them that if I can do it, you can do it too! You just need to remember that you can't lose 20 pounds over night or in one week. If you stick with your calories and incorporate some kind of activity you WILL lose weight. Just be patient and stick with it.

Replies

• shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats and keep up the good work:)
  • michgirljmk
    Options
    You look great! Way to go!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    wow looking great! keep it up!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Thirty pounds makes a huuuuuggggggeeeeeee difference. You look awesome!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I cant see the year later picture! :( bummed.

Either way...congrats, im sure you look amazing!
  • annokoye
    annokoye Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good job.
  • Streetpreacher82
    Streetpreacher82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great comparison! Keep up the good work!
  • joanneglaysher
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done :-)
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Wow, 30 lbs makes a huge difference. You look great!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job in sticking to it. Did you follow any particular workout regemine?
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome! What a difference a year can make!
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You're an inspiration to me. Keep up the good work!
  • elizaschoob
    Options
    Beautiful! Congratulations! You are inspiring me, thank you!
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Dang girl! You look great!

I'm 5'4 as well and never took a before picture I lost 30 pounds. Wish I had, I'm going to go take one now! I'm at your pre weight, can't wait to lose 30 more!
  • chrism14
    chrism14 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fantastic :smile:
  • lizmaebar
    lizmaebar Posts: 97
    Options
    Great job! That's fantastic!
  • Kelmbrent
    Kelmbrent Posts: 3
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job in sticking to it. Did you follow any particular workout regemine?

I dont really do much for activity aside from walking or the eliptical. In November and December I tried c25k and got up to week 5 then I got unmotivated with it. But running made a huge difference. Now I'm starting 30ds just because I want to try something new to tone up a bit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!