Any size 10 or 12s? (UK)

Options
i'm a size 12 (bottom half) trying to get back down to a size 8/10, noone else seems to be in my boat :( would be great to have some friends in the same situation for some motivation/support/help!

Replies

• PixiePickle
    PixiePickle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    same here! I really want to get back to a size 8 (UK)
    I'm finding it quite frustrating when people feel the need to say "oooo you don't need to lose weight" :grumble:

10733556.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • emg9
    emg9 Posts: 112
    Options
    yeah same here! it's so frustrating to not be able to fit in some of my favorite clothes :( but they're still in my wardrobe waiting for me haha
  • sashalee2001
    Options
    If I convert my size from US to Uk and I am 12.
  • tarch333
    tarch333 Posts: 26
    Options
    YES!!!! Finally!!
    In my healthier days I was a size 8 and sometimes a 10. Now I'm a 10 and sometimes a 12. I'd really love to get back into all the clothes that I've got sitting in my wardrobe and my drawers (especially the ones that cost more!) but I find it really difficult to shift weight.
    I know people say that it's easier to lose weight when you're bigger but would love some hips.

I'm only 5'4" too. Hourglass shaped (I carry a lot of weight on my hips/bum and my chest). Weigh about 144lbs/69kg.

Would love to hear how your diets/fitness is going? I've recently started the Couch 2 5K running plan, done it?

(GLAD TO SEE SOME OTHERS IN MY BOOK!)
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Im just into a 12 and also looking to be an 8 add me :)
  • jcarro
    jcarro Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same boat, was a size 8, always known as the small proportionate one, i have now left uni and now i'm a 10-12 and gained about a stone?! everyone says i don't need to worry, but i've noticed my shape has just sort of 'let itself go' i know if i don't do something now it'll be even harder to get back to my old lighter self (not that that is going to happen- i can dream/hope)!?!

what sort of exercise are you all doing? and what are your meals/ food intake for the week, i've been trying to keep to 1,200 cals a day with more on days i exercise but i'm not seeing any weight loss... i've been doing this for about 2 weeks now (although i do have fun on the weekends nothing too nuts though!)

i think i'm definitely in need of motivation
  • JaneUK
    JaneUK Posts: 102
    Options
    Hi - I am trying to get down to 55kg and I'm 5'2ish. I have about 5kg to lose and I'm about a size 10 at the moment although my top is bigger :-(. Feel free to add me :-)
    Jane
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've lost the weight that I wanted to, was a size 12 for most of my adult life. I'm 5'4, my highest weight was around 59kg, I now sit at around 53kg and that suits me. I'm still working on body composition slowly but surely. I really struggle to get clothes that fit at the moment, I do a lot of weight training so I'm quite muscley, but I also have a proportionally smaller waist now. I end up buying size 10 trousers to fit my hips and thighs but they are too big round the waist. My back is broader now too so sometimes I have to go back up from a size 10 top to a 12 but again these are often too big around the waist.
    I am always happy to encourage anyone so feel free to add me. I think for me strength training was the key to getting those last few pounds off and allowing me to work towards a body shape that I like ( even if clothing manufacturers rarely seem to make clothes my shape!). I strength train 2-3 times a week, cycle 5 days a week. I'm maintaining but erring towards muscle gain at the moment rather than looking to lose or get lean so I'm eating from 1600 on my rest days up to 2000 on my weight training days.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm size 12 top, size 10 trousers etc.
    Aiming for 6 - 8 & toned. :-)
  • emg9
    emg9 Posts: 112
    Options
    ive made progress by eating 1200 cals a day and doing the 30 day shred workout dvd daily aswell as 20mins on excersize bike - with one break day per week :) i can fit happily into size 10 shorts now!
  • fityfriend
    fityfriend Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 10 wanting to get back to a 6/8!
    I'm 5.4 and weigh around 52kg hoping to get back to my old weight of around 47kg cuz it suited my frame a lot better. Add me if you want! :)
  • littlejobo120
    littlejobo120 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've just sent you a friend request, as I am the same. I've only just come down from a 12 on bottoms to a comfortable 10 all round, but would like to get to an 8/10 over the next month/6 weeks.

For anyone else who is in the same boat (or even if you're not) feel free to add me xx
  • emily_j_wales
    Options
    I'm the same, I'm a size 12 on the bottom and 10 on the top - feel free to add me if you want a friend who's going through a similar thing :)
  • NikkySH
    NikkySH Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm mostly a generous size 12 (sometimes I do have to go up to 14) but would LOVE to be a size 10. And if I got to an 8? Well - I would be over the moon. I mostly carry my weight in my legs and chest - I'm a 36E and man, I would love to get down to a C. So many tops and dresses fit me everywhere perfectly but then I'm busting (haha!) out of it and could easily be arrested for indecent exposure!

I'm losing weight at the moment, aiming for 1200 net calories daily. I exercise a good bit (training for a half marathon and maybe more) so I have to eat more than 1200 on workout days.

Feel free to add me!! :)
  • evaleung87
    evaleung87 Posts: 38
    Options
    Hey! I was a 10/12 in Feb of this year but can now fit into an 8 top and sometimes an 8 bottom although it clings a little too snug for my liking! I think I'm what people call skinny fat as I still have a noticeable pouch when I sit!? Anyway, I'm starting my first round of strength training today as all I've done so far are cardio exercises such as the bike, treadmill and crosstrainer but I'm really hoping the strength training will help me lose the last 6-7lbs. I'm 5ft3'' and currently weigh 119lbs. Feel free to add me for support as well. Same goes for everyone else who are in the same situation or striving towards the same goal :)
  • tarch333
    tarch333 Posts: 26
    Options
    With those who HAVE found that they have lost weight, what worked best for you?
    I feel sometimes that because I'm not "fat" and don't have a hefty amount of weight in the first place it is harder to lose it.
    I used to be a cross country runner but now struggle to run for longer than 20mins. I'm currently doing the Couch 2 5K which is brilliant for motivation - it allows me to train at stages, run for just 30mins each time and it only applies to 3/4 days a week.
    In terms of strength training, what do people recommend?
    I've found sit ups in the evening are brilliant for toning but find them a bit boring. Anything more exciting I can do or get into? Is yoga even worth looking at?

ALSO! Have any chocoholics found a way to satisfy their cravings without turning to an evening bar? (Cheese and chocolate are definitely my biggest downfalls)

Thanks in advance.

p.s congrats to emg, how did you do it??
  • Em_Bittered
    Options
    Hey. I'm between a 10 and 12 - weight has crept up a stone and a half in the last couple of years since having a sedentary job - everyone says I'm slim, but it's about being your right weight isn't it?

I've lost 9 lbs since April joining the gym and doing a combination of Les Mills Classes - (Body Pump & Body Balance) and a couple of cardios - usually spinning. I don't really log the calories too much, I like food, I just try to make sure I get plenty of protein. Also I go more by my body fat percentage and measurements than weight - I'd like to get to 24% body fat.

My best advice would be start doing weights. Makes you feel like a superwoman and the more muscle you build the more calories you burn when at rest. Good luck.