Double Success in Progress!

Options
This is just a small step in the journey my husband and I have started together but it's a step in the right direction! After having been down for a little while during a weight plateau I was looking at some old pictures and after setting these two side by side I couldn't help but feel heartened by the progress that you can actually see!

The picture on the top is my husband and I at our heaviest in December of 2010. The pic on the bottom is us on the 4th of July. Since the 4th of July picture I've lost an additional 3lbs and my husband has gained 3lbs after starting weight training :)

We've lost almost 100lbs between the two of us and it's an indescribable feeling to find someone who loved you at your heaviest and encourages you every day to be at your healthiest! I'll be sure to post more updates but I thought that this was one milestone worth celebrating!

Me @ 282lbs Husband @ 230lbs DECEMBER 2010
before.jpg

Me @ 230lbs Husband @ 190lbs JULY 2012
progress.jpg

Replies

• DooBeDoo
    DooBeDoo Posts: 6
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is so awesome. Your story gave me a little extra boost of motivation for the day. :)
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations to you both! It's nice to have a support person beside you! My husband and I are both doing Insanity right now to change our bodies since we both slipped off the wagon for almost 6 years now!
  • CricketWhiskers
    CricketWhiskers Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That's why I read success stories all the time, keeps me optimistic to see so many people winning the battle of the bulge :)
  • CricketWhiskers
    Options
  • violetismysoul
    Options
    Amazing! that's dedication. You guys look like new people. I'm applauding:)
  • stxfuneral
    stxfuneral Posts: 32
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Way to go!!! Being a big girl myself, you are truely an inspiration to me!!!
  • CricketWhiskers
    Options
    I read your profile and I can tell you, starting out is HARD but it's totally worth it! There will be some bumps along the way but as long as you don't give up on yourself and take it a minute at a time, you'll blink and already be down a pant size :)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Awesome you two look great
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!