My First NSV!

Options
I've been here at MFP for two months, and I've managed to lose 21lbs. Which I am totally happy about and all my clothes are getting baggy to the point I knew it was time to at least start shopping.

So I went to a Thrift store, on the advice of some of the nice poeple here, since I am still far from my end goal and didn't want to buy a bunch of clothes only to have to toss them. I figured I would try a few things on as well, just to see exactly what size would fit, because I was sure I hadn't gone down that much. I started off wearing a 20/22 depending on the style. Maybe squeezing into a size 18 that was stretchy. In my head I was thinking I would end up buying size 18 women's and have it just a little loose.

I don't know why I grabbed the pair of 16 slacks, it might have been because I thought they were nice, but I think it was to see how much father I had to go to fit into them.

And OMG!! They fit! Not even a little tight! I was like jumping up and down laughing hysterically inside of the dressing booth. I think my husband, patient man that he is, thought I had gone insane.

I am still giddy and ended up getting a few pair, now just raring to go! It's so inspiring to see how my determination is paying off. I know I FEEL better, which is mainly my goal, being as strong and as healthy as I can. But this is a BONUS!

YAY ME! :drinker: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :laugh:

*dancing in my head still, as I type this* lol

Replies

• GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    *chirp....chirp* :yawn: :frown:
  • missypoo1974
    Options
    Congrats! You are awesome! :)
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I feel like dancing for you! What a great feeling that is to be a size smaller than you expected. Keep up the good work!
  • sazzydee1
    sazzydee1 Posts: 55
    Options
    Brilliant - bet that was a fantastic feeling.
  • sarahbeth413
    sarahbeth413 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! What an amazing feeling, fitting into that small size!!!!

Love it!
  • caseydziadek
    caseydziadek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! So encouraging! keep up the great work :D
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing!!! I keep trying on some of my smaller clothes just to see how much farther I have to go before fitting into them. I get super excited and have to take pics and send to my parents (theyre doing MFP with me). It's the best feeling in the world!!!
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic! Its it great to finally have clothes shopping become fun! Keep up the great work!
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    How amazing!!! I can't wait to see results like that. :)
    Keep up the fabulous work.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome! :)
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! bet you're feeling great in your new wardrobe!!
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I've been here at MFP for two months, and I've managed to lose 21lbs. Which I am totally happy about and all my clothes are getting baggy to the point I knew it was time to at least start shopping.

So I went to a Thrift store, on the advice of some of the nice poeple here, since I am still far from my end goal and didn't want to buy a bunch of clothes only to have to toss them. I figured I would try a few things on as well, just to see exactly what size would fit, because I was sure I hadn't gone down that much. I started off wearing a 20/22 depending on the style. Maybe squeezing into a size 18 that was stretchy. In my head I was thinking I would end up buying size 18 women's and have it just a little loose.

I don't know why I grabbed the pair of 16 slacks, it might have been because I thought they were nice, but I think it was to see how much father I had to go to fit into them.

And OMG!! They fit! Not even a little tight! I was like jumping up and down laughing hysterically inside of the dressing booth. I think my husband, patient man that he is, thought I had gone insane.

I am still giddy and ended up getting a few pair, now just raring to go! It's so inspiring to see how my determination is paying off. I know I FEEL better, which is mainly my goal, being as strong and as healthy as I can. But this is a BONUS!

YAY ME! :drinker: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :laugh:

*dancing in my head still, as I type this* lol

Thrift store...that's brilliant. I have a lot of stuff I haven't had for too long and it's way too big, I have to have them all taken in. On the upside, I was at my mom's house and found a bunch of stuff I left there when I moved last year b/c it didn't fit me and now it all does. Feels awesome, right??!! WTG!!!!
  • sahar87
    sahar87 Posts: 21
    Options
    WOw girl, so happy 16 :drinker: way to go to 14 , :flowerforyou:
  • meabhaline
    meabhaline Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thats great!!!!!

I love clothes and have put myself on a shopping ban until i see my clothes getting looser, can't wait to be where you are now!!!!
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Fantastic...congrats...enjoy the happy NSV and keep working hard
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!!

AND... what's NSV?
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU GIRL! :)
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That's Awsome.. Glad you are doing Great and loosing.. It's always good to hear stories of people who have lost weight.. You inspire me and probally everyone else that reads this.. Keep up the good work.. You can do it
  • tammyopolin
    tammyopolin Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That's one of the best feelings! Great job!!!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That is totally awesome!! Congratulations, and keep it up :bigsmile: I can't wait until I can fit in to some smaller clothes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!