Movie Popcorn Alternatives???

Options
I'm taking my son to see the Dark Knight Rises tonight, and I have to have popcorn with my movies... I'm that weak.
I just read that a medium popcorn has about 1000 calories in it! What should I do??? Any ideas?

Replies

• emmoen1
    emmoen1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Get a kids popcorn with your son and just enjoy how often do you actually go to the movies.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I would also get the smallest size- no butter. And share!
  • shadowvampira
    Options
    i know its not good but i take my own buttered popcorn rice cakes or carmel corn rice cakes or pop chips... p.s. if they had healthier alternatives there i would buy them there.
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options
    Get a kids popcorn with your son and just enjoy how often do you actually go to the movies.
    :smile: Good point. He's 16. Pretty soon he'll be too embarrassed to be seen with his 'old man'. I haven't gone over my calories in 2 weeks, so I might just indulge. Popcorn. No butter. Water.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I'm taking my son to see the Dark Knight Rises tonight, and I have to have popcorn with my movies... I'm that weak.
    I just read that a medium popcorn has about 1000 calories in it! What should I do??? Any ideas?

Get it unbuttered.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    When it comes to movie popcorn...there are no substitutes in my world.

Eat a good size meal before you go and enjoy a small one and make it fit in your daily cals.
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well, being a girl I carry a fairly decent sized purse. I hot air pop some corn at home and throw it in a bag and off I go. I must have popcorn at the movies as well. It may be a bit harder since I assume you don't carry a purse. lol I hope you find a way to get some or heck...just go for it today. life's too short to cut everything out. ENJOY!
  • Rhonda_A
    Rhonda_A Posts: 17
    Options
    Try bringing nuts.
  • Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I think that sometimes we need those indulgences in life. When I know I'm going to be eating something that I really enjoy but will put me over in calories, I will usually try to get an extra workout in to help compensate.

But like many others have said...get a small and enjoy every bite of it with the movie.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I sneak my own salt/butter free popcorn in, but I'm pretty bad *kitten*.
  • manu25
    manu25 Posts: 14
    Options
    This will sound really funny but my mom make popcorn at home in a real popcorn machine so she only use the corn. Then.... she keep soya sauce in little spray bottle and spray the pop corn all over. It's actually pretty good and because soya sauce is pretty high (extremely high in sodium) it taste good and you get a salty treat with no calorie. Try it and let me know. She ate a lot of that popcorn when she was trying to stop smoking to replace the hand to month bad habit that she had. She lost over 100 pounds (twice!!) with her popcorn trick.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I went to the movies the other day and I snuck in home popped popcorn with no toppings. Heh. Yum.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Pop some at home, put it in a plastic bag and hide it in a manbag.